K-Tec

Astromart charges

More
16 years 3 months ago #60914 by TrevorDurity
Replied by TrevorDurity on topic Re: Astromart charges
Hey Seanie,

I took a look but there wasn't any helpful information there. Looks like the excerpt below was the official announcement from Dec 2006. Apparently this guy had to check each and every account! I guess that's the main reason he added the charge - traceability in case of fraud.

Your problem is odd though, I haven't found anything on the boards in relation to accounts disappearing.

1) Starting Wednesday access to AstroMart for NEW - repeat - NEW accounts will be $12
2) If you have an AstroMart account NOW and you do NOT CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS OR INFORMATION - this will not effect you at ALL
3) Starting Wednesday NEW user will be able to use ANY email address because we will have their credit card information and contact information. I will no longer have to check EACH email address to see if it is a free ISP or not.
4) If you have previously paid AstroMart the $12 fee for an email account you will be able to change your information for FREE
5) If you are a present AstroMart member and you change your email address or information BEFORE Wednesday you will be able to do it FREE - after Wednesday you will be charged $12
WE have seen that this does work for the NEW AOL accounts and GMAIL and YAHOO and HOTMAIL so we see it as an easy transition with little to NO PAIN for 99.9% of AstroMart users.

Trev

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #60920 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: Astromart charges
Seems weird that an "buy and sell" website would charge a fee to join.

BUT then again they ARE providing a service..............and have to make their money from somewhere.

I dont think it is right that existing customers should be exempt from this fee. That really is asking for trouble if and when new customers find out about it.

Just curious.....do Astromart take a % commision on all transactions done through their site?

I suppose they would have to really.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

More
16 years 3 months ago #60930 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Astromart charges
Astromart do not get a cut of any of the sales that happen.
Funnily I can change my details without having to pay. If I had todo so I would, Amart has saved me a fortune over the years, well worth the 12 bucks,

Seanie, when I click on help on top right, I'm brought ot the astromart FAQ in their forums. this doesnt work for you ?

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
16 years 3 months ago #60972 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Astromart charges

Seanie, when I click on help on top right, I'm brought ot the astromart FAQ in their forums. this doesnt work for you ?

No, I get a blank page saying "Help Topics coming soon", and has been like that for over a year now. I'm really pissed about this. I have seen stuff I have wanted to buy during the past year and a bit.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 3 months ago #60986 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Astromart charges
Seanie,
Do you have access to the forums there ?

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
16 years 3 months ago #60987 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Astromart charges

Seanie,
Do you have access to the forums there ?

No, they require login/registration... :x

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds