K-Tec

Discussion on THAT thread

More
19 years 5 months ago #6572 by John OBrien
Replied by John OBrien on topic Re: Discussion on THAT thread
"Life does not cease to be funny when someone dies, any more than it ceases to be serious when someone laughs. "
-George Bernard Shaw

:roll:

"We are the music makers ... and we are the dreamers of dreams." - W.W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 5 months ago #6583 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: Discussion on THAT thread

Does the binoucular one with the ETX count?

Since I cant win the prizes I figured I might as well cheat!

Have you got two ETXs?

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

• Peter Green
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
19 years 5 months ago #6585 by Peter Green
Replied by Peter Green on topic Re: Discussion on THAT thread
Spaceboy,
Thank you for telling us about your relatives. I did not lose any relatives during WW 2, but I have lost good friends during other conflicts and I hope that their deaths were not in vain.
I would suggest to you that the reason your relatives gave their lives was so that we would have the choice of laughing at such pictures and not being sent to a death camp for daring to" take the mick".
I wish you well in your construction of an observatory and hope you will consider me for an invitation when you are up and running. Hopefully you will continue to contribute to all aspects of this board and will not find it necessary to continue with your legal consultations and will accept the apologies offered here and will also offer your own and withdraw any threat of action howsoever implied.
Clear Skies,
Peter

More
19 years 5 months ago #6588 by cobyrne
Replied by cobyrne on topic Re: Discussion on THAT thread
Spaceboy,

I would dearly love to engage with you in a useful manner on what has happened on this forum in recent days but

Secondly I did not Threaten Legalities, I simply pointed out that I would be talking to my solicitor about this and other postings that have been made.

I would rather wait until after you have had that talk. My hope is that we will then be able to have a useful conversation that will mend any and all damage done.

All the very best,
Chris.

More
19 years 5 months ago #6589 by Greenflashman
Replied by Greenflashman on topic Re: Discussion on THAT thread
Dave Grennan wrote
"To Brian Seales: If my post offended you or anyone else in anyway, then I am truly sorry. That was never my intention."

Dave, thank you. I was not looking for an apology nor expecting one, but graciously accept it.

Dave Green wrote
"I would suggest to you that the reason your relatives gave their lives was so that we would have the choice of laughing at such pictures and not being sent to a death camp for daring to" take the mick".

Bravo, and I agree 100% with this comment.

Spaceboy, your recent post on your reasons for disliking that photo now shed a different light on the whole matter from both your own and my own point of view on it. I have travelled through Flanders, with Chris I might add, looking for details of distant relations lost in WW1.
Being a big history buff I have nothing but the greatest respect for those who fought and died in WW1 and WW2. Chris never intended to insult anyone in this way.The proper way forward is to withdraw your threat of legal action regarding this photo to enable Chris and yourself to shake hands (over the web initially) because both of you actually share similar sentiments about those who fought and died in these conflicts.
As regards your threat of legal action about all the other comments on AI, well you do not have a leg to stand on there I am afraid. You could open a can of worms which would ruin the public face of astronomy in Ireland. Its far better for respected amateur astronomers like yourself, Dave Grennan and others to lash into us through this forum.

Look, as far as I know the universe is still expanding so there should be enough room for the egos of DM, me, Spaceboy et al.
Regards,
Brian Seales[/i]

"There is a theory that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. Another theory states that this has already happened."

More
19 years 5 months ago #6590 by spaceboy
Replied by spaceboy on topic Re: Discussion on THAT thread
To Chris and Brian,

"The proper way forward is to withdraw your threat of legal action regarding this photo to enable Chris and yourself to shake hands (over the web initially)"

Consider it done and Chris the next time we meet I'll buy you a drink and we can have a good long chat.

Spaceboy

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds