K-Tec

Discussion on THAT thread

More
19 years 5 months ago #6593 by Greenflashman
Replied by Greenflashman on topic Re: Discussion on THAT thread
Hi Spaceboy,
You wrote

To Chris and Brian,
"Consider it done and Chris the next time we meet I'll buy you a drink and we can have a good long chat."

Thank you Spaceboy, I think we may owe you the drinks. How do we recognise you? Will you be the one in the space suit with the antenna coming out of your head and the ray gun in your hand? :)
Regards,
Brian Seales

"There is a theory that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. Another theory states that this has already happened."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 5 months ago #6594 by cobyrne
Replied by cobyrne on topic Re: Discussion on THAT thread
Spaceboy,

I am truly and deeply sorry for the distress my image caused you - it was not my intention. I will shortly be sending you a longer personal message using the facilities of this web site.

All the best,
Chris.

More
19 years 5 months ago #6595 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Discussion on THAT thread
First off, I'm really glad the threats of legal action have been withdrawn. Such stuff is not in anyone's interest in the small world of Irish amateur astronomy.

Secondly, I am from Flanders. I know all about WW2 because my relatives have told me all about it from their own personal experience of living in Flamders during the war. I have also grown up with the scars left around the flemish landscape, and my local village in particular, by that conflict. I have no taste for the Nazi's or for any right wing or left wing loonies. However, I genuinely laughed when I saw the image. I thought it was very funny. I think its important to be able to use evil men like Hitler as the but of jokes and so forth. We should never forget about WW2 but we should also not forget to live! In Flanders I genuinely think this image would have caused much less trouble than it did here and I find that strange. I'm not saying that those who were offended shouldn't have been or anything like that, just that I believe it would be different in Flanders and I'm really not sure why.

Anyhow, its great to see people coming together on this thread, its nice to see understanding coming out of conflict. This thread is evidence that Irish amateur astronomy is filled with mature and good people.

Bart B.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
19 years 5 months ago #6600 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: Discussion on THAT thread
<< Is very pleased with that outcome. Congrats to all for showing maturness and good sense

Clear skies to all.

Dave.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds