K-Tec

Next BLAS Meeting

More
19 years 11 months ago #2739 by ctr
Next BLAS Meeting was created by ctr
The next BLAS meeting is this Thursday 13th May at 8pm in the Bausch & Lomb Factory here in Waterford.

A talk by David Bell titled "Unique Earth?" will be given.

Anyone not in BLAS and wishing to attend can PM me here or mail me (cryan2 at iolfree dot ie) by Wednesday for details.

Clear Skies

Conor

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #2777 by ctr
Replied by ctr on topic Re: Next BLAS Meeting
Thanks to David for an informative an entertaining lecture and I for one wish I could rebut the argument put forward. Two years of Seti wasted? :cry:

Who knows he may be wrong :wink:

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

More
19 years 11 months ago #2779 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: Next BLAS Meeting

Thanks to David for an informative an entertaining lecture and I for one wish I could rebut the argument put forward. Two years of Seti wasted? :cry:

Who knows he may be wrong :wink:

what a cosmologist being wrong, :wink: unheard of. he will have a new theory 5 mins after the old is discredited. besides with seti at least you are looking for evidence not theories :) . besides the lack of proof doesn't mean that there is nothing there just we haven't looked everywhere yet.
stephen.

More
19 years 11 months ago #2781 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Next BLAS Meeting

besides the lack of proof doesn't mean that there is nothing there just we haven't looked everywhere yet.
stephen.

I can't wait to see what Mr. Bell will say to that! :P

Although I do admit, credit to DB, its an interesting theory - it rose some great arguments after his lecture at COSMOS last.

Makes you think!

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 11 months ago #2904 by ctr
The next meeting of the Bausch & Lomb Astronomy Society is on June 2nd at 8pm
The guest Speaker is David Lillis, Chairperson of Shannonside Astronomy Club.
Topic: - All About Telescopes

Again anybody not a staff member of Bausch & Lomb and who would like to attend either PM me here or e-mail me on cryan2 at iolfree dot ie

More
19 years 10 months ago #3169 by ctr

The next meeting of the Bausch & Lomb Astronomy Society is on June 2nd at 8pm
The guest Speaker is David Lillis, Chairperson of Shannonside Astronomy Club.
Topic: - All About Telescopes

I’d like to thank Dave for the wonderful talk last night. Everyone enjoyed the talk and we all feel a little more informed on the tools of our hobby.

This was the last talk until Aug/Sept and I would like to thank everybody who gave Lectures and who attended our meetings and we will see you in the autumn

Conor

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds