K-Tec

Next BLAS Meeting

More
19 years 10 months ago #3185 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Next BLAS Meeting
Hi Conor,
Thanks for those kind words, its always a pleasure to give a talk to a neighbour IFAS club.
I'm still recovering after that observing session last night, didnt get home until veeeery late, I paid for it today, worth it though. :)

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #3186 by ctr
Replied by ctr on topic Re: Next BLAS Meeting
To Bed Early Tonight Now!! :)

Thanks again

Conor

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

More
19 years 8 months ago #4342 by ctr
The next BLAS meeting is on Thursday 2nd September at 8pm in the Bausch & Lomb Factory here in Waterford.

A talk by Seanie Morris entitled "Astronomy for Dummies" will be given.

Anyone not in BLAS and wishing to attend can PM me here or mail me (cryan2 at iolfree dot ie) for details.

Clear Skies

Conor

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

More
19 years 7 months ago #4473 by ctr
I would like to thank Seanie for a very entraining talk. The feedback was excellent and it prompted lots of questions. In fact the meeting could of gone on all night!! :shock:

There is a lot of interest in the Observing Handbook Programme with about 4 people asking to be included at the start. All your hard work is appreciated lads :D

Hope ye got something to eat and Seanie ....Happy Birthday 8)

More
19 years 7 months ago #4474 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Next BLAS Meeting
Thanks Conor,
It was a pleasure to go down and give the talk to an enthusiastic crowd - I hope they are not scarred for life after it! For a slightly restricted venue (within the Bausch & Lomb factory - 'workers' only admitted), a good attendance came out. We all got some nice views of the stars in the carpark, and I got to try out my new green laser stellar pointer that Dee got for me (with thanks to John Flannery helping behind my back!). I thoroughly enjoyed it!

We managed to feast on 2 packets of cheese & onion crisps, an apple, and two pouches of Capri-Sun, all brought along for during the trip down, after the lecture - everywhere that would have sold food was closed in Waterford after!

I am back in Tyrrellspass now. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

BLAS is a promising young club, and its success seems almost certain!

Thanks to Conor et all in BLAS.

:D

Seanie.

PS. by the way, it is also Liam's birthday today (4th)!.Happy Birthday Liam! :lol:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 7 months ago #4477 by Liam
Replied by Liam on topic Re: Next BLAS Meeting
Thanks for the Birthday wishes Seanie! Hope you had a great day.

Liam

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds