Observing Certificates

• spculleton
  • Topic Author
  • Super-Nova
  • Super-Nova
More
19 years 10 months ago #3223 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: Observing Certificates
We're proposing a dry-run on the certificates front with the upcoming Venus transit. A file entitled Venus Transit Survey Sheet has been uploaded to the files section. People who take part in this survey and return it to me or any others involved in what I've roughly called the Observing Certificates Working Group (John Flannery, Seanie Morris, Mick O'Connell and Albert White) will be in with the chance of getting a Venus Transit Certificate. It's not up to me to decide whether or not to give out these certificates. I don't have that authority. When we meet up to work on the certificates we can raise this possibility. At the very least we will have a survey of the workings of members on the day of the transit.

Please take part in the survey. PM me for the address to return the surveys to.

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #3284 by larrylart
Replied by larrylart on topic Re: Observing Certificates
I want to get involved too - if I only get that time off when you people plan to meet(wasn't so lucky lately... :? )

Planning a challenge sounds like a great idea! :)

Larry

_______
larryo.org

More
19 years 10 months ago #3285 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Observing Certificates

I want to get involved too

Larry

Well Larry, I say 'Welcome Aboard'!

We all still have to meet and discuss plans and objectives, but fire away on any suggestions you have!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 9 months ago #3998 by ctr
Replied by ctr on topic Re: Observing Certificates
Judging by all the secretive posts and files this project is fast reaching a conclusion. I know that it will be a great help to us beginners and I'd like to thank you all for the time and effort you are obviously putting in.

Conor

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

• spculleton
  • Topic Author
  • Super-Nova
  • Super-Nova
More
19 years 9 months ago #3999 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: Observing Certificates
Thanks Conor, myself and the lads appreciate your comments. Things are progressing nicely and we're well on schedule for the official unveiling at Whirlpool. It's amazing how much there is to do to get the nitty-gritty sorted and out of the way, but everyone is putting in a great effort and I thin we're going to end up with a series of observing challenges that everyone associated with the IFAS can be really proud of.

As regards secretive, sorry :oops: , but we're not trying to be exclusive or sinister, but I'm sure you can appreciate the need to have 'private'discussions. It'll all be worth it.

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

More
19 years 9 months ago #4001 by ctr
Replied by ctr on topic Re: Observing Certificates
no probs :wink: and looking forward to the challenge and more importantly the incentive

conor

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds