K-Tec

Ashen Lights = other life on Venus, NOT as we know it

More
19 years 11 months ago #2824 by albertw

Please do not post any more long, rambling and preachy posts such as the previous. This is not really the place to discuss these topics.

I agree (as moderaor). We all have your website addresses and I'm sure anyone who wishes to correspond with you further will do so. So please lets move away from the long posts and restating established positions.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #2835 by dave_lillis
While on the subject of all this fruit-cake-ology about Venus, check out
www.badastronomy.com
Theres also a bulliten board on the website.

There you'll find discussion on alot of the non-logical astro ideas out there.
The author (of that website) has an article in Mays issue of Sky and Telescope.
"A Commonsense Guide to Cosmic Nonscense"

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

• bradguth-gasa-ieis
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 11 months ago #2836 by bradguth-gasa-ieis
Replied by bradguth-gasa-ieis on topic Re: Ashen Lights = other life on Venus, NOT as we know it
It seems that I need to offer this topic at one line at a time, as though my dyslexic talent of too many thoughts and too-many words, plus ample usage of those nasty quotation marks, are enough to cause folks to "scream in agony" needs to be set aside. Perhaps I should just lump everything into one tightly worded NASA approved/scripted paragraph that's intended to say absolutely nothing but to undermine everything, like certain folks at uplink.space.com that have said much without their issuing a single specific upon Venus or the moon, or provided only their opposition upon any number of topics I've been interested in, though again without issuing any specific data.

Question, and please take notice of the *if artificial* lead in.

1) If artificial; what methods could be causing the sorts of illumination spots upon Venus?

• bradguth-gasa-ieis
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 11 months ago #2839 by bradguth-gasa-ieis
Replied by bradguth-gasa-ieis on topic Re: Ashen Lights = other life on Venus, NOT as we know it
Another question from a (certified by Dave Lillis) "fruit-cake-ology" expert.
BTW; not everything at your badastronomy.com is bad, it's just not your mainstream status quo. Like absolutely anything associated with our moon is automatically classified as "badastronomy" unless it had been moderated to death by lord NASA/Apollo, and thereby NOT a challenge.

Second question upon Venus lights or hot-spots;

2) what is the output duration or typical range/dwell for these Venus illuminations spots?

More
19 years 11 months ago #2852 by Peter Green
Replied by Peter Green on topic ashen venus life or not
Our friend may just be from Venus and as he is possibly the only life form there, he feels it necessary to have a bad attitude towards us miserable ignorant earthlings. I have enjoyed this website immensely even though I do not contribute very much. However this life form should go elsewhere or learn to be civil and mannerly to other users of this site. as his manner and behavour is unacceptable to this civilised earthling.
No one on this site is afraid of the truth but it is not necessary for anyone to invade this site with such long winded essays that would be better aired on oth :( er sites where users are accepting of such documents. I hope this new life form will enjoy its time with us and will get to know us a bit better and learn that we are very friendly creatures. Thanking all of the members of this site for the enjoyment and information you have provided for me and I hope it can continue into the future :( :(

More
19 years 11 months ago #2856 by BrianOHalloran
Go away for a weekend, and look what happens :D

Mind you, how come I'm suddenly "Brian O'Halloran"? Am I suddenly an alias? :o

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds