K-Tec

The Government of the Republic of Slovenia Passes a Light Po

More
16 years 7 months ago #50617 by pmgisme
The glow from the centre our cities and towns is almost all created by private enterprise unfortunately.

Switch off all the other lights and the street lights would not be too bad.

Street lights are Sodium "Yellow Dwarfs" in a galaxy of Neon "Main Sequence".

Peter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #50619 by mia
Replied by mia on topic Re:

mia, you can try picking my brains, but please post on the board here as there are a couple of people with more knowledge of the technical details of the lighting industry here. I can get some folks from the BAA to look at the details if they are too technical.

Thanks Albert, I will post on here when and if necessary. I was talking to them last night and they said they would be turned off at 8pm so hopefully all will be okay.

Just a wee story re LP!

On the road into Downpatrick there is quite a large house with the wind turbine in the garden, great stuff, doing their bit to conserve energy!

The thing is, at night, the house is lit up like a Christmas tree!!! Huge flood lights! It looks like a runway! I'm tempted to knock on their door and smack them and shout 'IDIOT!'........but I won't.........well...not yet anyway!

More
16 years 7 months ago #50645 by galactus

It'll never happen here Albert, our government is only interested in throwing money away, i.e. tribunals, rather than saving it.

I bet there were people saying that in Slovenia too. :wink:

Anyway excellent news.

Have written to John Gormey on this as well.

• albertw
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Secretary
  • IFAS Secretary
More
16 years 7 months ago #50646 by albertw

It'll never happen here Albert, our government is only interested in throwing money away, i.e. tribunals, rather than saving it.

I bet there were people saying that in Slovenia too. :wink:

I'd rather not argue with Andrej though, hes a very determined personality shall we say :-)

And its taken him and IDA Solvenia 10 years to get this far, even with the best experts in europe helping.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds