K-Tec

Saturdays Sun Halo

More
18 years 1 month ago #25964 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Saturdays Sun Halo
Agreed. Up to this point, I've hardly bothered to even look into the posts on these atmospherics... Its best I continue to do so and do less astronomical things, like my 2 jobs I'm currently doing and life-changing things like that... let you 2 school children go about your business, and I mine. :roll:

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 1 month ago #25967 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Saturdays Sun Halo
If i remember correctly we were asked by Bart and the moderators to place observations of atmospheric phenomena in the observing section thread which is what i have been doing. I dont see what the problem is. Every other astronomy forum i am a member of do not have a problem with these and highly encourage observations and images of sun pillars, dogs, haloes etc

They maybe in the meteorology category however they are caused by sunlight and moonlight interacting with ice crystals and water droplets within the earths atmosphere by these solar system bodies so they should be on everyones observing list because most amateur astronomers are also observers of nature whether they be day time or night time phenomena.

Its a pity you despise these displays so much. If they are good enough to get on the homepage of Spaceweather.com then why are they not good enough for the IFAS?

I will say again..do not read my threads if you find them boring and i am deeply insulted by your reference to my ego..were did that come from?
I find those remarks extremely negative and unencouraging which is inappropriate comming from a moderator!

I have nothing further to say on the matter.

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 1 month ago #25968 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Saturdays Sun Halo
That last post is out of order Seannie. I am not even in school and i am probably the same age as you or older. If your own life is so busy then you should spend more time observing instead of making these pointless remarks.

You are a moderator and should not be starting trouble like this..its a bad example to young and beginning observers on this list.

* No two atmospheric phenomena are the same!!!

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
18 years 1 month ago #25969 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Saturdays Sun Halo
Hell no! I don't despise them at all! I suppose what gets me is that whole in your face appearance of your posts (from both of you).
You like observing, and so do the rest of us here, but its like you guys want to snub the rest of our noses in the dirt with your litany of observing photos, of both the object in question at that time, AND of yourselves: we all know what you guys look like, you have both posed for us on these boards numerous times! Less of the ooh, look at me, I'm observing! pictures, please!
I can't speak for everybody else here, and for those that have expressed opinions to me away from these boards that more or less reflect what I have been saying, I shall not name, but I suppose the tone (for lack of a better word) of your 'work' needs to be brought down.
Thats what I feel from you guys when you post pictures. Instead of 5 photos of a rainbow, pick the best 1 or 2. Instead of multiple angled shots of crepuscular rays, give us your best shot. Appreciation in such objects should be recorded like an instant, momentous flash - like a meteor. You see it once, and you say Wow! That was cool!. Now, rainbows appear less intriguing to me because my interest has been diluted due to seeing so many shots of the one you guys see, on these boards! Think of the other astrophotos - you think Keith Geary has only 1 shot of Saturn next to the Beehive on such-a-date? No, he would have about 5 or 6 perhaps. And Dave Grennan with his awesome nebula shots? We only ever see one of the object(s) at a time! Catch my drift?

Keep your posts strong, let the object overwhelm us all here - don't let your photos overwhelm the boards. I say this simply because this is an astronomy forum. I have seen you guys post almost as heavily on the UK Weather World forum, which is good because it is the right place for such masses of photos.
But here? Its is more to do with astronomy. Atmospherics play a rather smaller role, and being bombarded by less credible objects is, well, overwhelming - in a non-constructive way.

Oh, by the way, I'm not going to a for the record, but you guys have no idea what kind of astronomy I have done - and you probably will never know! :wink:

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 1 month ago #25970 by Conor
Replied by Conor on topic Re: Saturdays Sun Halo
We post images and reports for people to read not rub it against them. Well if unes guys on these boards feel that way then i wont be posting here again.

Moderator of Photography Forum:

www.freeimagebrowser.com/gallery/index.php

More
18 years 1 month ago #25971 by darren
Replied by darren on topic sun dogs
Hi there I was just thinking the best place I see to observe dogs would be the pound lets all have a vote :lol: :lol: regards Darren

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds