Saturdays Sun Halo

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 1 month ago #25972 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Saturdays Sun Halo
I have never come across such an insulting post before. Your tone and attitude toward me is completely out of order! I have noticed for some time your sly remarks to my posts and now realise they reflect your on going bitterness to my 'work' as you call it. This had to come to a head at some stage and now it has which is exactly wanted you wanted all along. I never realised you and other nameless observers felt this way about our posts which i am genuinely shocked about. The reason we put up images of our observing sessions and ourselves is because we like to capture the atmosphere of the night to share with others because it is fun to do. I am really insulted by your remarks about my observing and images which really conveys to me your lack of understanding of atmospherics and highlights your own insecurities which have been eager to burst from you for some time. I cannot believe you accused me of rubbing peoples noses in the dirt and the 'whole in your face' tone you described.

If this is the way you and others feel about me then i will have nothing more to do with the IFAS and will not be posting here again. I will stick to my own astronomical society and other forums were i am encouraged and not insulted by an know it all 'astronomer'...i am disgusted!!!

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #25982 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Saturdays Sun Halo
Martin,
Keep in mind that this website isn't the IFAS, its just a website where astronomers can talk.
The IFAS is a great organisation with many benifits for all the clubs, you dont have to avail of all the perks of the IFAS, do distinguish not participating in the website and leaving the organisation.
Comments made here do not represent the thoughts of the IFAS comittee.
I'm not going to say anything more as I`m not going to get involved in this one.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
18 years 1 month ago #25991 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Saturdays Sun Halo
Wow, Martin... so you don't catch my drift in my last post above? Can anyone else besides Martin or Conor tell me if I have really been insulting in that post? I thought, as I had intended, I had toned down my voice a bit, and with the addition of constructive criticsm, could have calmly expressed my gut feeling.

I guess I failed. Apologies.

Or, if you like, point out my not-so-obvious insults, so that I perhaps can clear the fog that appears to surround those remarks.

Dave,
thanks for that addition about IFAS. I know you are more or less saying it in defense of IFAS (and NOT me), and its sentiment is missing in my post. Martin, this is just a web service, provided by IFAS. Don't feel that the 2 are inexorably connected.

Seanie.

PS. A know-it-all astronomer? No such thing.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 1 month ago #25996 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Saturdays Sun Halo
ok guys, looks like to me this is getting out of hand.
Please remember the rules here, personal attacks are not tolerated, end of story.
Any involved party who wants this thread locked, pm me now. Please keep in mind I'm in Turkey and heading to the airport soon, so I might not see this site until sunday, so maybe pm Bart if you want it done soon.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
18 years 1 month ago #25999 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: Saturdays Sun Halo
My haven't we been busy little muck-rackers!

I'm stopping this discussion now. I must admit to finding the quality and level of discussion going on here to be very disappointing and annoying. I intend discussing events here with other moderators and PMing those involved. Apologies are merited here, and I fully expect to see them forthcoming without a second's delay or a bleat of protest. The users of this site deserve an apology.

Shane.

BTW - you may notice I have not locked this thread. I intend keeping readers informed of what is ongoing and then deleting this waste of time and space.

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

More
18 years 1 month ago #26032 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Saturdays Sun Halo
As a mod, I don't know if this thread is still locked or not, as it is not appearing as locked to me due to my status.

In hindsight, and without prompt from anyone else, I do apologise to Martin. I have come across as attacking the poster, instead of the post. My apologies. If anyone wants to discuss this further, in either a good or bad way, with no hostile replies (I promise), then just PM me.

A humble Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds