Solar video clip

• Conor
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
17 years 11 months ago #28735 by Conor
Replied by Conor on topic Re: Solar video clip
I take your points Dave, thankyou. To be honest i dont think support is an issue on these boards anymore. It's bite after bite after bite but no worries you can get used to it and take it with a pinch of salt :wink:

Moderator of Photography Forum:

www.freeimagebrowser.com/gallery/index.php

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 11 months ago #28738 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Solar video clip
Conor - fair play is good sport as they say... But what might be a nibble today, or a remark on a post could ultimately lead to being moderated - and I'm sure no-one wants that.

I know this debate has gone on and on and I really don't mean to harp on. But by virtue of the length its gone on do you think there might be a message there? Folks on therse boards are generally very tolerant, but each has their limit, moderators included. I'd hate to see you at the sharp end of some unsavoury action.

I generally like the stuff you post and I'd defend your right to post interesting images of celestial objects and atmospheric phenomena but there is a limit. You'll turn folks off and that would be a real shame.

Think - if you go on long enough, folks will stop reading your posts only to miss the ISS going across the sun! That would be a real shame.

I hope you get the picture - and of course, as ever, its my personal opinion. You can of course take it ot leave it. But if you leave it, I'd be genuinely worried for you.

I'm really not going to harp on any more and give you a hard time :D I just hope you take it as friendly advice :!:

Cheers

Dave

More
17 years 11 months ago #28741 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Re: Solar video clip
This thread reminds me of the moth and the lightbulb story ... :?

Johnno

Kildare Astronomy Society
www.kildareastronomy.com

• Conor
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
17 years 11 months ago #28742 by Conor
Replied by Conor on topic Re: Solar video clip

I hope you get the picture - and of course, as ever, its my personal opinion. You can of course take it ot leave it. But if you leave it, I'd be genuinely worried for you.

Cheers

Dave

What do you mean by you will be genuinely worried for me :? :?
Im not in the slightest bit bothered if people dont click in my images and miss something or not, up to them. I do it for myself and no one else! Look how many people are members, how many post! You would need guts to come here and be pre-paired to be blown away if members dont like what they see lol I dont mind cause yea got nothing to loose. Thanks for the concern, i will take what you said on board

Moderator of Photography Forum:

www.freeimagebrowser.com/gallery/index.php

More
17 years 11 months ago #28749 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Solar video clip
I'll just pipe in here and voice my agreement with Dave.

You guys have been a great inspiration to me, you peaked my interest in atmospheric optics and I really enjoy that. Hence I'm always one of the first to defend you guys when people say atmospherics aren't astronomy and so forth and why I fought for the atmostpherics board. Howerver, I agree with Dave, the volume is too high ATM. People are loosing interest and others are getting positivly annoyed at what they consider spamming. I am getting angry PMs and so are others who help run these boards, we have to cater for our users so if pressure keeps being applied on us we will have no choice but to act regardless of the fact that we really don't want to end up having to.

Hence, I'd ask all posters to just follow these two simple guidelines:
1) If there is a thread on the topic already, use it, don't spam people with a new thread, it reduces the usefulness of the Recentposts page and results in email spam, both of these things really annoy people.
2) Before posting ask yourself if this is something new or speical, if not, don't post.

Finally, I've said it before and I'll say it agian, you guys are a real loss to the blogshere, you should be blogging your exploits and your experiments. Such a blog would build into a great resource both for yourselves and otheres, it really is a lost opportunity!

Clear skies guys!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
17 years 11 months ago #28782 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Solar video clip
OK, I'll add another 2 cents worth.... that now gives us 4 cents right? Still a long way off from a pint.

I'm going out on a limb on this post, and using it as an example.

Now that I have read the posts, and have learned what the posted movie clip is about, why the hell am I going to bother clicking on it to view it (the clip)?? This is the problem Conor! You have now started to make others loose interest. It is your own downfall, feeling you have to post every little thing you take. This IS NOT an experimental board for your point and shoot experimental shots. No one has given you advice yet about how to better your movie skills. Does that not say something about what you posted? SPAM!

I have said it loads of times to you and Martin, and now others are starting to see what I have meant....

Stop flooding us with crap!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds