K-Tec

Celestron Prices

More
20 years 7 months ago #650 by Peter Green
Replied by Peter Green on topic Re: Celestron Prices
Would any one have the URL for Andromeda Optics as I cannot find them using google

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 7 months ago #651 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Celestron Prices

Would any one have the URL for Andromeda Optics as I cannot find them using google

www.andromedaoptics.com/

Drop them a mail for prices etc.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
20 years 7 months ago #652 by tomcosgrave
Replied by tomcosgrave on topic Re: Celestron Prices
They're at www.andromedaoptics.com/ - I've been talking to Jimmy via mail and he's offered to check out my Helios for free to see what needs doing. I'm going to take him up on that :-)

In case anyone is interested -
I'm still looking for a small scope...almost defintely a refractor, hopefully a 90mm and will probably get it in England as it's quite a bit cheaper to do so.

But holy crap, deciding what you want to get is a very tough job.

As for the optics on the Mak-Cas that I said weren't as good as others, well, I have a nice slice of humble pie here, as reviews I've seen rate them highly - I probably got confused with something else (spot the rookie!).

--
tom cosgrave
this is diopter - www.thisisdiopter.org

More
20 years 7 months ago #661 by finnjim2001
Replied by finnjim2001 on topic Re: Celestron Prices
The big problem as i see it is any time that any astronomical rears its head David Moore gets the call. The result of this is many of the uninitated seem to think that AI is the only association in Ireland. It's usually too late once they find out that there is a world byond AI and A&S.

Oh is it only me or do A&S never supply picture credits in the Mag. And you are pretty sure that a month or two after a good article appears in Astronomy now or Sky and Telescope it will usually appear in an edited form in A&S.

I'm Ranted out at the moment. More to follow.

Somedays you're the dog,
Somedays you're the lamp post.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds