K-Tec

Celestron Prices

More
20 years 8 months ago #469 by reptonite
Replied by reptonite on topic Moving of topic
Bart

Please forgive this humble newbie. Was anxious to vent and maybe should have researched a better home for the topic before posting. :roll:

M

"At least have the decency to wear a mask if you're going to rob someone!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 8 months ago #471 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Moving of topic

Bart

Please forgive this humble newbie. Was anxious to vent and maybe should have researched a better home for the topic before posting. :roll:

M

Don't worry about it, I don't expect newbies to be psychic and just know what to do automatically!

Hope you are enjoying the boards and tell all your friends about us!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
20 years 8 months ago #473 by reptonite
Replied by reptonite on topic The thread
Bart

Believe you me, I intend banging the drum about this one. Specially when I rang A&S, slagged them for their quite obvious mark-up, gave them the comparisons I'd discovered, and they knocked 200 off the price.

A redeeming act you might think?

If so, why do they continue to advertise the NexStar 114GT at 1,014.00??????????

If it were Video's and DVD's we were talking about, there would be a national outcry and general burnings at the stake....

"At least have the decency to wear a mask if you're going to rob someone!"

More
20 years 8 months ago #490 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Celestron Prices
If you know someone in the US, ask then to buy it for you and get it shipped over here. As far as the manufacturer knows, the scope is in the US, any problems, ship it back to your friend and from there to the manufacturer.
It still works out cheaper then buying it here, considering the present dollar/euro rate, it's never been so cheap.
I'm currently working on a plan to get a Meade ETX125 from the US in this manner.
From what I've seen and experianced, its pretty rare for a scope to get shipped back to the manufacturer over a manufacturing fault.
I think its worth the risk.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
20 years 7 months ago #562 by ei5fk
Replied by ei5fk on topic Re: Celestron Prices
NexStar 11GPS € 6,728 Astronomy Ireland

and why am I not surprised

NexStar 11GPS - $2999.00
www.handsonoptics.com/nexstar11/nexstar11.html
hee hee hee

:lol:

More
20 years 7 months ago #565 by tomcosgrave
Replied by tomcosgrave on topic Re: Celestron Prices
I'm probably gonna get in trouble for saying this and causing a flame-war, but I'm just going to call a spade a spade. Astronomy Ireland are nothing but cowboys and rip-off artists.

I'd consider buying a Celestron as they have a reseller based about 2 miles from where I live (that'd the cowboys!), but not at those insane prices. But until they bring their prices down to a sane level, they have no chance of my business. I think I'm going to fire a complaint at Celestron to inform them of this. I think we all should.

--
tom cosgrave
this is diopter - www.thisisdiopter.org

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds