K-Tec

Telescopes (Meade ETX 70 & Skylux) in Lidl Monday 22nd N

More
19 years 5 months ago #5814 by Seanie_Morris
Well, on last years experience with the Skylux, I went in afte lunch in the Tullamore branch, and there were about 8-10 boxes of them there. I would also think that they would have more in the store room because of the size of the boxes and space restrictions in store.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 5 months ago #5815 by jhonan
Sorry, just have to show off my new sig....

:lol:

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

More
19 years 5 months ago #5816 by Liam
Replied by Liam on topic EXT70
The tripod in the Lidl web site shows the EXT 70 with the basic tripod which is not hight adjustable and is only reasonable strong.

I have seen an EXT105 close up recently and I think the control mechanism is the same on the 70. If so, it is well able to carry a larger scope (not an 8" mind!... are you listening Conor?) or to piggyback a camera.

The hand controller in the pic has 1400 object database. The hand controller of the EXT105 I saw had been upgraded by Meade at the factory to the next model up with loads more objects. We might be lucky..

It the tripod is angular, it is the basic model, If shiny silver, and is cyclinder shaped, it is a better model.

I suggest looking at the scopes in Lidl to see exactly what you are getting before purchase. The pic in the web sit emay not be accurate.

Either way its a super little scope for the money. A great Christmas gift for the budding young Astornomer.

Has anyone used the EXT 70 and if so what is your opinion of it?

Liam

ps If Lidl ever offer the LX90 at comparable prices .... there will be some rush!!! :D

More
19 years 5 months ago #5819 by dave_lillis
Wow, :shock:
Im getting one, no two ways about it.
Great for bringing on holidays and piggybacking a camera.
One fo the guys in the club has an autostar etx 90, and from what I've seen of it, its perfectly fine mechanically, must give him a ring !

Building a simple wedge will make it an equatorial scope, but you might need to upgrade the controller to an autostar.
If this cope is the same as other ETXs, then there is a PC serial link on it.

Has anyone ever used one of these small controllers and an autostar, besides the database and bigger keyboard is there a differance ?

If the tripod is not adjustible, that might be a problem, with other ETXs, Ive seen, the tripod has to be level for the goto to work properly, the newest ETXs have this true leverl north gizmo, but I cant imagine this having that.

I was tinkering with the idea of dismantling it and piggyback it on the bigger scope, and use the forks as a camera platform, just ideas.
What the hell, get 2, use one as is and dismantle the other :wink: :wink:

The add mentions "planetarial fog", never seen that before, looking forward to seeing it through this scope :lol:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
19 years 5 months ago #5821 by albertw

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

And you wonder why you didnt get a message about the A&S expo? :-)

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
19 years 5 months ago #5824 by dmcdona
Dave - the planeterial fog is that which you find hovering in the skies of Ireland... :cry:

And by the way lads, since you're all off to Lidl, I've cancelled the orders for the Tak FCT 200 observatory systems. Xmas cheer to you all :wink:

Dave

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds