K-Tec

Cork Robotic Telescopes AI Public Meeting

More
19 years 2 months ago #9684 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Don't you even dare compare IFAS to A&S

Now leave me alone while I cool off...

OK Seanie, time for those breathing exercises again...breath in...hold...1...2...3...and breath out! :wink:

Seriously everyone, I think we've been over all these points many times now in the last few months. We can't force everyone to think along the same lines as us, no matter how write we may think we are or how we might think someone else is misrepresenting the facts.

If Spaceboy or anyone else here wishes to be involved in A&S Ltd., then let them. Sometimes people have to learn the hard way and the more we push one side of the argument the more others will dig their heels in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #9685 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Cork Robotic Telescopes AI Public Meeting
Spaceboy,
I always suspected that you were DM or someone in the AI hierarchy.

Shannonside has never said nor pretended to be a national club, and how would you know how many showed up in the last meeting ????????

Just for the record we had nearly 30 people in the last meeting, which is a sizable fraction of the club membership, its not always that way, there are ups and downs.
Its not ALL about membership, its not the be all and end all, unless your in it for the money, where people = profit.
Nothing against profit in a company, as long as its honest.

What IFAS club are you with ??? I must say I do not like people hiding behind nicknames like yours.

There is no infighting in irish astronomy, practically every irish astronomy club I've ever heard of is in IFAS and we all work happily together.

AI are out on their own, and I couldn't care less about that company !!
"Everyone in Ireland buys a celestron and they buy if from .... " what a load of garbage. :lol: :lol:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
19 years 2 months ago #9686 by briano
Is there anyone going to talk about the observatory?????

I am not a huge fan of AI but enough is enough :!:

Brian O Leary

More
19 years 2 months ago #9689 by spaceboy
Replied by spaceboy on topic Re: Cork Robotic Telescopes AI Public Meeting
OK.

First of all Seanie I did not in any way disparage the work of the local groups in particular the SAC and the TAC. These groups have to be congratulated for their efforts in organising Cosmos and Whirlpool.

Secondly I AM NOT David Moore or am involved in the AI "Hirachy", I have'nt got the time. I know DM does'nt read these pages, he has better things to do.

To finish off I suggest everybody cool down, stop this childish nonsence and get on with it and back to the subject in hand.

Spaceboy

More
19 years 2 months ago #9690 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Cork Robotic Telescopes AI Public Meeting

Is there anyone going to talk about the observatory?????

I am not a huge fan of AI but enough is enough :!:

well, I had to respond as he mentioned the club.

Anyway, so is this observatory open to visitors, is it possible to ring in advance so we can get a proper look at it ??

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
19 years 2 months ago #9691 by ctr
Hi Guys

Back on topic :D

I know Eugene had a great chat with the guys involved and is writing up a detailed report for the DAS site and he will post the link here.

He is a busy man so he may take a couple of days but I know he got a favourable response when asking if DAS and IFAS can view before the official opening.

From Eugene's previous post

I spoke to Dr Smith after the meeting and explained that I was not an AI member only a mag subscriber and told him about IFAS,he had come across the .org site before and was now glad to meet someone from it and as I said , would be only too pleased for us to have input into the project,
I told him about the Obs Challenges and he seemed impressed.
These guys are at the forefront of remote robotic development and when this gets up and running fully robotically it'll be the only one in Europe !
Interesting times ahead.
PS Anyone interested in applying for either the franchise to run the new restaurant OR the new ASTRO EXHIBITION CENTRE,these will be advertised on the national papers next Friday
PPS their website wont be online until all franchises are in place.

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds