K-Tec

Online astrophotography

More
19 years 6 months ago #5021 by arnierosner
Replied by arnierosner on topic Rent-a-scope rates
Hi Seanie,

There are various types of systems to use. At the moment there are four. I would encourage you to stop by and check out the site. Pretty much most everything is explained. There are even real-time videos that deomostrate the functionality of the systems.

The cost varies from $60.00 USD for a single hour to $25.00 per hour in a 120 hour block. There are other increments in between. There is no special software required except IE Browser 5.5 or higher to command and control the telescope system and capture images in the fit format.

Thank you for your interest. If you have any more questions please feel free to contact me anytime 24/7. Send me your phone number and I'll even call you and we can discuss any astrophotography issues.

Best regards,

Arnie
www.arnierosner.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #5031 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Online astrophotography
Geeze Arnie, you make it sound so easy!

:P

Seriously, it does though! And for only $60 an hour, thats not bad at all! 1 downside though would be the internet connection - I would say to maximise it, one would need DSL or higher to allow for time difference (our evening net time versus American peak net usage time etc), and the size of images that could be taken and downloaded.

If clubs could get the use of a venue like a college or training center with broadband internet, and get a 2 hour slot, and host a "Take Your Own Space Picture" night, it could work out well for IFAS and its clubs...

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 years 6 months ago #5033 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Online astrophotography
Seanie,
One advantage with this system is that you can download the images AFTER you're finished with the scope i.e. your download time of images does not constitute part of the allocated time, or at least that's how I understand it anyway.
The advantage is that you can take the images from a home pc (i.e. dial-up) but actually download them at work or other fast internet connection the following day if you wish.
Do I have this explained correctly Arnie?
Michael

More
19 years 6 months ago #5034 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Online astrophotography

One advantage with this system is that you can download the images AFTER you're finished with the scope i.e. your download time of images does not constitute part of the allocated time...
...you can take the images from a home pc (i.e. dial-up) but actually download them at work or other fast internet connection the following

That would be handy alright!

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds