K-Tec

Sky and Telescope late

More
15 years 6 months ago #73948 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re:Sky and Telescope late
skynotes wrote:

Interesting about the renewal notice Anthony. I got two notices the last couple of months even though I had extended my subscription in June to 2011.

I am hoping it is a strategic move on their part in advance of the forthcoming problems with the economy (recessions etc) rather than something more serious than that.

I'm going to let all my other astronomy magazines subs lapse because I just don't get time to read them anymore!

This is something I am careful with as well. Three magazines which I support whole-heartedly via a subscription are Astronomy, Astronomy Now and Popular Astronomy, for I find the content interesting and they also have shown a lot of interest in my work.

With S&T, my subscription is into double digits (years) but at times I have wondered whether the end of the line for me personally has come or not. It is very rare that a complete issue will capture my attention and quite often an article will be of interest at best. Some columnists (ex. David Levy) I completely ignore (too much rambling about anything and everything with no direction and simply provides the equivalent of a blog in printed form). The paper the magazine is printed on is very poor and especially when looking at the gallery section where photos seem like newsprint quality.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #73952 by phoenix
Replied by phoenix on topic Re:Sky and Telescope late

The paper the magazine is printed on is very poor and especially when looking at the gallery section where photos seem like newsprint quality.

Completely agree on that one. I will be letting my subscription lapse and I will flick through it in Easons to decide to buy or not. Cutting costs may be the straw that breaks the mags back.

Kieran
16" ODK (incoming), Mesu Mount 200, APM TMB 80mm, SXV H16, SXV H9
J16 An Carraig Observatory
ancarraigobservatory.co.uk/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds