K-Tec

I'd just like to say

More
16 years 3 months ago #61724 by Euronymous
Replied by Euronymous on topic Re: I'd just like to say

I think the web team in particular deserve alot of credit given the amount of work in maintaining the site and in building our soon to be new site, especially given the recent increase in throughput on the site.

We're getting too big for our boots again ... we're hitting 95% capacity on our hosting package again. That was last month with Christmas and all that .... I'm hoping thing settle down again. If we bust through this hosting package we'll have to divert our attentions to fund-raising again. Not great.

Still though, I think having too many members it a fantastic complaint to have and it's great to see people really enjoying the boards!

Bart.

Wow how much bandwidth is this place taking up? I'm getting 30GB free a month, and only use about 10 of it

Celestron C8-N (200mm reflector)
Carl Zeiss 10x50's
-Amateur Astronomer, photographer, guitarist, and beer drinker-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #61743 by Dread
Replied by Dread on topic Re: I'd just like to say
I think the single biggest consumers of your bandwidth are images. Perhaps you have noticed this already because I'm sure I've seen a few "recommendations" to post images off-site around the place. However there are quite a few being submitted in posts still.

Down with vwls.

Declan
Carl Zeiss Jena 10x50, Bresser Messier R102

More
16 years 3 months ago #61748 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: I'd just like to say

Wow how much bandwidth is this place taking up? I'm getting 30GB free a month, and only use about 10 of it

We're approaching 100GB per month now. Not at all insignificant! Have to say I'm really impressed. We started on a 2GB per month package! We've come a long way in the four or five years we've been 'in the air'.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
16 years 3 months ago #61749 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: I'd just like to say

I think the single biggest consumers of your bandwidth are images. Perhaps you have noticed this already because I'm sure I've seen a few "recommendations" to post images off-site around the place. However there are quite a few being submitted in posts still.

We no longer provide a facility to host images directly from this site. So, all images have to be hosted elsewhere. If we didn't do this, the site would have caved in yonks ago.

More
16 years 3 months ago #61751 by Dread
Replied by Dread on topic Re: I'd just like to say

We no longer provide a facility to host images directly from this site. So, all images have to be hosted elsewhere. If we didn't do this, the site would have caved in yonks ago

I've just checked those images I saw and, as you pointed out Michael, they are hosted off-site. I'm just going to clamber back into my box now :oops: :oops: :oops: .

Down with vwls.

Declan
Carl Zeiss Jena 10x50, Bresser Messier R102

More
16 years 3 months ago #61753 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: I'd just like to say

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds