• ayiomamitis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 1 month ago #42414 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Total Solar Eclipse 2008 - Russia

Solar filter required! :D

This is the most trivial of your problems ... a sheet of Baader ND5.0 mylar filter.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #42415 by SunCrazy
Replied by SunCrazy on topic Re: Total Solar Eclipse 2008 - Russia

You can pick up a dirt-cheap high-quality 14" RC in Novosibirsk and it is something which crossed my mind as well.

problem is getting it back to Ireland ( Greece in your case :D ).... unless you can buy it and then have it shipped to your address back home...that would be sweeeeeet 8) 8) 8)

• ayiomamitis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 1 month ago #42416 by ayiomamitis

You can pick up a dirt-cheap high-quality 14" RC in Novosibirsk and it is something which crossed my mind as well.

problem is getting it back to Ireland ( Greece in your case :D ).... unless you can buy it and then have it shipped to your address back home...that would be sweeeeeet 8) 8) 8)

I bought it from Comrad Seanie Morissivski, a well-known local optician, and he is the one sending it as well via courier with a declared value of 1000 euro. :wink:

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

• ayiomamitis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 1 month ago #42417 by ayiomamitis
PS. Would you believe a 14" RC with 0.98 Strehl ratio and RMS 1/25 lambda for under 9.000 euro (and this is through a dealer). Imagine directly from the manufacturer in Novosibirsk?!

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
17 years 1 month ago #42420 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Total Solar Eclipse 2008 - Russia

I bought it from Comrad Seanie Morissivski, a well-known local optician, and he is the one sending it as well via courier with a declared value of 1000 euro. :wink:

OMG there is a russian Seanie aswell !
Anthony, this could prove to be a very expensive trip to Russia, do they sell directly at the factory ??

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

• ayiomamitis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 1 month ago #42422 by ayiomamitis

OMG there is a russian Seanie aswell !
Anthony, this could prove to be a very expensive trip to Russia, do they sell directly at the factory ??

Hi Dave,

I sent an email to one of the two brains behind the company but never received a reply. One possible scenario (which I was contemplating) was to place an order right now with intended pick-up next year in person thanks to the eclipse. I would then ship the scope to myself using a courier.

Here is the website where you will also find additional information and specs: www.telescopes.ru/product.html?cat=2 ... the quality is very high and the pricing is very aggressive and attractive.

This is a wonderful opportunity since we will be there for the eclipse and the installations for these scopes also happen to be in the same city! :)

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Moderators: Neill
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds