K-Tec

Total Solar Eclipse 2009

More
14 years 11 months ago #78866 by eclipsedan
Replied by eclipsedan on topic Re:Total Solar Eclipse 2009
I'm open to all suggestions but the setup I have now (photo above) seems to work quite well. The problem with my gimbal is that it doesn't cover the zenith easily. The ball head will...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #79115 by JohnONeill
Replied by JohnONeill on topic Re:Total Solar Eclipse 2009
Hi,

It has been pretty cloudy (80%) recently in Shanghai. I have been monitoring satellite photos. My sample is fairly small, so I will continue monitoring. I think it's good to have a plan B, please don't mention the pub!

My priority this time (after 7 TSE's) will be visual (Anthony do I shock you?) as I have plenty images.

See homepage.eircom.net/~vsn/ecltot.htm

A second priority will be video and third still images.

John

More
14 years 10 months ago #79283 by eclipsedan
Replied by eclipsedan on topic Re:Total Solar Eclipse 2009
Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck with the eclipse. I head off to London on Friday and to Beijing on Wednesday. Unfortunately I was quite unwell for the past fortnight (no, it wasn't swine fever) so I haven't been able to secure permission for my lens. I'm just going to have to wing it again. Hopefully the same custom agents will remember me from last time :)

Clear skies to all!

More
14 years 10 months ago #79284 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re:Total Solar Eclipse 2009
Best of luck Dan! Hope the weather gods and the customs people work in your favour.
Michael

More
14 years 10 months ago #79291 by nectarine
Replied by nectarine on topic Re:Total Solar Eclipse 2009
Mary and me are flying to Beijing on Monday, can't believe after two years of planning it's finally here! I've been keeping an eye on the weather for our various ports of call and it looks hot & humid (95% humidity in Chechu t'other day!) and quite a lot of heavy rainfalls everywhere - just keeping our fingers crossed for clear skies on 22nd and I won't mind if it rains every other day.
Good luck to everyone else going on the trip (and ta to Eugene Burke for lending me his spotter scope & tripod....)
Bernie

Bernie Foley
IFAS Treasurer

More
14 years 10 months ago #79303 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re:Total Solar Eclipse 2009
Best of luck Bernie.
Enjoy your holiday!

We're heading out on Sunday the 19th.

Michael.

Moderators: Neill
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds