K-Tec

IFAS Astrophotography Celebrates 1 Year of Excellence-Mar 07

More
16 years 3 months ago #60247 by ayiomamitis

December 2006 - Seanie Morris:

And I'm still expected to believe thats stars and not snow?

I see Ursa Major running horizontally across mid-image.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #60248 by ayiomamitis

Let me also just say WOW! how far ye have come since then!!!

Indeed a very nice collection of images ... lots of colour and variety.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
16 years 3 months ago #60263 by Frank Ryan
This stuff should really be in a calender or something!

Is there any grants going for such a thing...?!?!?

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

More
16 years 3 months ago #60270 by pj30something
How much would it cost to produce a calendar?

I mean if anyone who wanted one sent €20..............would that cover the printing costs?

A friend of mine in New Jersey gets a calendar printed every year for the lakeside community he lives in....of his and other peoples images (wildlife etc). He sent me the 2008 calendar. I might just ask him who his printer is and costs etc.

I'm sure there would be no probs with asking the printing company to do up a calendar for us here in Ireland. I'm sure though we could find a company right here in Ireland though.

What about the printing company that produce the monthly AI magazine?

It would be great to have a calendar of the annual winner of the comp.

So let's get the ball rolling for 2009.....................using the winning pics from 2008.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

More
16 years 3 months ago #60292 by pj30something
I just emailed my buddy in America about how much it costs to produce a calendar etc. This is his reply:

All good questions, PJ.

There are several websites and companies that enable you to produce calendars online. The calendar I sent you was done through www.shutterfly.com You log on, download your pics to their site and then organize, title and choose various option for your calendar. The cost varies with the amount you have printed. Typically, the cost is @ $19.99 per calendar but I get a break because I have 50 of them made. Having 50 made brought the cost down to $10.00 each AND they had free shipping at the time. A similar photo-printing website, www.snapfish.com works too. I know that snapfish has access for Ireland...not sure about shutterfly.

I put together a fundraising calendar for our local school district last year and used a more "professional" printing company, www.printpelican.com . I had 1000 full color calendars printed for UNDER $3.00 each. The district sold the calendars for $10.00 each and made a freekin' BUNDLE!

I would need to know how many calendars your astronomy friends want to have printed in order to direct you to a specific printing site, but hopefully the info I've given you will help.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

More
16 years 3 months ago #60302 by JohnMurphy
PJ,

I think the calendar is a cool idea. I'd certainly buy one, as I'm sure most on these boards would. Though Seanie's "snow" shots would have to improve :D

Alright enough Seanie slagging - He puts a lot of work into this and its not always appreciated. Things like this don't just happen. Well Done Seanie :D .

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds