K-Tec

'Are UFOs Real?'

More
18 years 11 months ago #12824 by eansbro
Replied by eansbro on topic Are UFOs real
dpower, regarding your Mum's interesting UFO sighting in Rathfarnham.

The bell shape object is one of a number of characteristic shapes of UFOs.

Regarding the buzzing noise your Mum heard.

Saucers usually emit a characteristic noise generally referred to as a hum, buzzing, or whine. According to close proximity observers, the hum of a hovering saucer increases in intensity and pitch during the last couple of seconds before take off. Conversely, on starting to hover after moving, or on other power reductions, the hum decreases. This strongly suggests that the hum is powerplant connected. In fact, past data and analysis by others researchers, quite clearly shows that the force field cycles at the hum frequency.

During night sightings the saucer characteristically also brightens just before and after takeoff. This is actually an increase in air ionization due in turn to an increase in the UFO radiation causing it. These effects are also tied in with an increase in cycling rate as the power plant is readied for and accomplishes the increase of thrust at takeoff.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

PS: I would like to know more details in order to justify an improved analysis. I believe Dave has asked for a drawing. This would help, in particular the beams of light in it's relationship to the object your Mum saw.

Eamonn A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 11 months ago #12834 by eansbro
Dave, you mentioned the implications for religion in particular the creation senario.

I have no doubt that theological and philosophical implications will immediately be discussed among the world's religions and religious leaders, as they come to terms with a universe in which humans are no longer the only intelligent, sentient children of God.

In this respect, concepts of God, creation, life and religious meaning will evolve in the direction of accommodating the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, and this will cause an increasing "universalisation" of God and religious meaning.

Additionally, there will likely be an unfortunate yet predictable reactionary segment from various religions around the world which will place the open contact into a strictly eschatological framework, or worse. Already, among fringe elements in the civilian sector, we will see attempts to either demonise or deify ET visitors. Such reactivity and fanaticism, while predictable, will eventually give way to a more reasoned and mature response and the world's religions will adopt an understanding of intelligent life which is universal, and which I believe, redound to the appreciation of an infinite Creator whose glory is not confined to the earth.

As there is one God which manifests one creation, so there is one God which is the source of all conscious beings, whether on Earth or elsewhere.
The great Universal Intelligence has sent a ray of this light of consciousness throughout all conscious beings, and we are united to God and to one another through its subtle and all pervading effect. It is for these reasons that the reality of man and the reality other ET peoples are one.

Viewed with the eye of differences, we are diverse and unrelated; but viewed with the eye of oneness, we are more alike than dissimilar, more kindred than alien. And so it is that we must look to our inner reality to find not only our oneness with other intelligent life in the universe as well. While ephemereal differences may confound us, our essential oneness in consciousness will never fail us. For there is one universe inhabited by one people, and we are they.

Eamonn A

More
18 years 11 months ago #12840 by dpower
Replied by dpower on topic Re: 'Are UFOs Real?'
Dave, Eamonn,

My mother would probably kill me for putting her sighting up on the board to begin with, but since I've gone this far I'm sure I can persuade her to draw it and recount the event one more time. Would be interesting to get some feedback.
This topic just keeps getting more interesting...
Is there any current protocol for a first contact? Would be intersting to hear what SETI/NASA have in mind.

IFAS web team

More
18 years 11 months ago #12841 by eansbro
dpower, Apparently their are protocols regarding follow through of the detection of ETI. One is SETI, the other is NASA.

"The SETI Protocol" details the actions to be taken in the event of a SETI detection. The Protocol can be found on : www.seti-inst.edu/science/principles.html

Remember, this only deals with procedures in the event of a detaction by radio. Unfortunately, it is not a broad definition to encompass ETI in our backyard. It has no legal force.

NASA has one that is only confined to its jurisdiction. Text of the ET Law 1211.100 Title 14 - Aeronautics and space
Part 1211 - Extraterrestrial Exposure

1211.101 Applicability. The provisions of this part apply to all NASA manned and unmanned space missions.

If the above passage contained the word "only", so as to read: "The provisions of this part apply only to all NASA manned and unmanned space missions..." However, it does not contain the one word which would have made such a big difference. If the US government was suddenly faced with the accomplished fact of an undeniable overt ET visitation, this regulation could therefore be construed as being applicable to all space missions, NASA or non NASA, whether of terrestrial or extraterrestrial origin. As it stands, this law is applicable to UFO contact. The meaning would have to be stretched, but the built in loophole does exist. NASA's general counsel has admitted that it is applicable to space vehicles not originating from Earth,

1211.102 Definitions. (b) (2): Touched directly or been in close proximity to (or been exposed indirectly to)...

Even without including "indirect exposure", anyone involved in a UFO close encounter would become eligible for indefinite quarentine under armed guard according to the above. By including indirect exposure, the NASA administrator is empowered to make to definition mean just about anything he wants it to

1211.108 Violations. This part does not apply to the Republic of Ireland

The fine is $5,000 or imprisonment not more than one year, or both.

I hope this relieves you and others as to possible future ET contacts!

Eamonn A

More
18 years 10 months ago #12994 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: 'Are UFOs Real?'
i was just watching a program on discovery science called the real flying saucers and it was very interesting, you should watch if it comes on. basically it was giving an alternative view saying that the whole thing is a hoax based on disinformation from the US military establishment. it started before WW2 when a aircraft designer in prague descovered how to make a circular disk hover. this idea was taken by the german army and they designed prototypes that could fly. they were secret weapons that never got to be used. the germans used a local company for the project but as the russians closed in the germans destroyed everything they could so they would not capture it. the name of the company that designed the prototype?, you guessed it SKODA. that explains roswell then.

the russians got some of the scientists and they started their own projects. the US started their own research projects with most of the top aerospace companies working on their own designs. the americans wanted a saucers shaped aircraft as it would be harder to detect on radar. they used a company called avro to design one of the first prototypes which could hover although it worked more like a hovercraft than a UFO. they also had a more secret project which was working on a jet powered flying saucer. the project was moved from the company when avro went bankrupt. it then disappeared into a so called black project. the american used the UFO craze to hide this and other projects. amongst the projects was the stealth fighter which was responsible for sigthings of triangular UFOS. they also interviewed a guy who was working on magnetic principles in the lockheed skunkworks for some of these projects. it was very interesting and a much more logical explanation than some of the standard stuff.
stephen.

More
18 years 10 months ago #12995 by Bill_H
Replied by Bill_H on topic Re: 'Are UFOs Real?'
Excuse me if I'm not clear enough. I know what I want to say, but it may be confusing. I find that a very interesting theory Stephen, but for me, it has some flaws, but perhaps it's merely my wishful thinking finding the flaws :wink: I have heard the "misinformation" theory put forward many times, in articles, internet and TV programmes. It's fault? well if there was such a misinformation programme, then at what point are we to believe we are misinformed? Do we believe the misinformation is about the flying saucers, or about the misinformation? I haven't seen/read any misinformation article which was quite convincing for me, although, I hold my hands up to not having watched this particular programme you saw. Perhaps this is the one I need to see, no doubt it will come around again. At the present, I tend to see the misinformation theory as a deflection theory.
My main problem with the misinformation theory is, there are so many, and it begins to strike me of the boy who cried wolf, I'm really having difficulty believing them. This is actually the first time I've heard this German/Skoda theory. Why? For many years we have been given the theories of Stealth fighter test flights etc, but this part of the theory only just materialised, surly it would have been in their interests to divulge the lot from the beginning if they wanted us to believe it?
But, having said that, still an interesting theory worth a look, maybe they just didn't want others to copy the Skoda!
Bill.

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds