K-Tec

Stay in bed Wednesday night / Thursday morn

More
19 years 6 months ago #5344 by lionsden
YES!!!! Clouds have broken in the midlands, but..... NO!!!, looks to be ANOTHER layer of clouds above the broken one.... and it's solid.
I'm off to bed, will probably get up again during the night to see if there's any change but I think that's just wishful thinking.. I fear it's going to be a washout. I hope someone out there is faring better.

At least we're not flooded,..... yet....

Leo @ Lionsden
Perhap because light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #5345 by Eugene Burke
Replied by Eugene Burke on topic Re: Stay in bed Wednesday night / Thursday morn
Update ..0020 hours still raining sky an even grey with no apparent cloud formations.back in an hour or so.

More
19 years 6 months ago #5347 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Stay in bed Wednesday night / Thursday morn
Its now 00:32 here in Limerick, the sky is very slightly broken at times and I got 30 seconds viewing of the moon, its still raining, so any viewing will be done from inside.
The bloody wind is howling outside, very similar to the conditions last may for the eclipse then, but at least there were gaps.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
19 years 6 months ago #5348 by voyager
00:41 Maynooth

Just stuck my head out the front door and got a face full of rain so its looking bad here!

Bart,

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
19 years 6 months ago #5352 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Stay in bed Wednesday night / Thursday morn
Al,

That is one GREAT weather photo. I have followed up using the text on the image as a starting base and have managed to locate and register for this service. I have even managed to find the specific link which provides this particular photo (under Infra-Red). Suffice it to say that it has been bookmarked for frequent consultation and use ... and I thank you!!!

My weather situation is improving ... but strangely enough there is lightning here and there?!

I am sorry to hear that everyone else is basking in the wet stuff!!!

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
19 years 6 months ago #5353 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: Stay in bed Wednesday night / Thursday morn
Got three fleeting glimpses of the Moon at around 12.30 through very fast moving clouds. Not looking good.

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds