K-Tec

Stay in bed Wednesday night / Thursday morn

More
19 years 6 months ago #5287 by voyager
*insert many expletives here*

Ah well, at least I'll get a good nights sleep :cry:

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #5289 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Stay in bed Wednesday night / Thursday morn
for flip sake, can't Bertie get anything right in this country?

:P

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 6 months ago #5295 by Flukey
They are expecting some really bad weather on Wednesday. Possible structural damage was mentioned. There was a nice moon out tonight, so I made the most of it and got my telescope out for a bit. I don't think we are going to see much more over the next few nights. :(

Dublin can be Heaven

More
19 years 6 months ago #5296 by albertw
This from Met Eireann:

Severe Weather Warning
A MAJOR STORM WILL AFFECT ALL PARTS OF IRELAND DURING WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY. SOME STRUCTURAL DAMAGE AND FLOODING CAN BE EXPECTED. Winds, initially mainly between Northeast and Southeast in direction, will reach mean speeds of 45 to 55 miles per hour, with gusts of 70 to 80 miles per hour. Winds will may veer southerly on the South coast later. Structural damage such as fallen trees, etc. can be expected. Rainfall totals in excess of 50mm over a wide area will lead to some severe flooding, due to the already saturated ground. Some parts of Munster and south Leinster could see totals of up to 80 mm of rain. High Seas and high tides, will lead to coastal flooding, particularly in the South and East of the country.

www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/pdus.html (free registration required) to watch the clouds.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
19 years 6 months ago #5297 by ei5fk
Replied by ei5fk on topic NASTY LITTLE BUGGER
Our own Met Eireann's forecast is very good, www.met.ieorecasts/atlantic.asp
I use Metcheck also but think the windspeeds forecast are just average speeds not gusts
949mb that is a very low pressure area and is going to be nasty for sure
Charles

More
19 years 6 months ago #5298 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: Stay in bed Wednesday night / Thursday morn
worth going up to the North for the eclipse I wonder? Might be a clear spell on the Antrim coast. I guess it'll be a last minute check on the satellite images.

John

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds