K-Tec

Please help me find a telescope for my 9 year old son

More
16 years 5 months ago #55748 by Seanie_Morris

Is it likely that I'll nap one if I'm there very early? Please say yes!

Yes! :lol:

Infact, the first time they came out 3 years ago, they were all gone in an hour (the Skylux's). 2 years ago, there were still a few later that day, and last year there were 2 left the day after. But, get there a half hour before opening time and join the queue, and you hould be a happy camper.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #55751 by Kerry
Was that one of the bigger shops seanie? There's a few lidl around here. Am thinking the biggest one would get more but the smaller ones wouldn't have as much traffic?

• paulevans
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 5 months ago #55755 by paulevans
Yes Kerry, the ETX 70 will still show the planets, and Saturn's rings and Jupiter's moons, just not quite so well as the Skylux. In other ways it's better - eg for star clusters.

And I'd agree with everyone else - be there early - maybe even pop in the day before and ask where they'll be so you can make a beeline as soon as the doors open!

Good luck!

More
16 years 5 months ago #55757 by Seanie_Morris

Was that one of the bigger shops seanie?

Sorry Kerry, Tullamore in Offaly.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 5 months ago #55767 by mjs

Was that one of the bigger shops seanie? There's a few lidl around here. Am thinking the biggest one would get more but the smaller ones wouldn't have as much traffic?

Kerry,
I picked up an ETX70 for someone last year in Listowel, a week after they first appeared, and there were still more there! But I would hate for you to be disappointed, so get there early. If you have no luck a quick post here on the morning should locate one but I think you can sleep safe...

Our January meeting is to be a telescope night to help those with their new "toys" in setting them up and any other questions they might have. Might see you then?

More
16 years 5 months ago #55769 by Kerry
Oh that's a relief Michael!!!!

I'll check website for January meet-up I'd say we'll definitely be there!

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds