K-Tec

Sunset Disk

More
17 years 10 months ago #28789 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: post
I will pool my reponses into one thread here.

There must be something going on that I am not aware of ?
What is the problem?

Hi Deirdre,
it is going back over a couple of months due to the influx of weather based photographs (pretty or not) that have been posted. A form of moderation is needed, as this is primarily an astronomy board. I won't go into the semantics here, suffice to say the masters of these boards have been getting complaints due to the large volume of (for the most part) not-astronomy related photography being posted.

Dave that is out of order...thats one image...you have seriously got to be joking? He doesnt have 40 sun disk images up.

How do you know Martin? Can anyone else beat you at taking the most photographs? And its Jupiter, not sun images - you should calmly read the posts before getting mixed up and posting irrationaly.

This is a forum...next thing you will be saying we cant put any images up at all (perhaps this is what you want). If i got an image of dark matter with my digi there would still be complaints...theres alot more going on here than meets the eye and i have a fair idea what it is.

Such hair splitting will not win you any votes in here.

Yes Deirdre you hit the nail on the head except i am as much in the dark as you are.

Its all that dark matter you got there! ;) :lol:

There is alot of ganging up and bully boy tactics going on behind the scenes here...some individuals will need to get there act together now!

Bullyboy? And you think you know why? I'd like to hear your reason...

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 10 months ago #28819 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Sunset Disk
Seannie back off and stay well away from my posts!!!..you got that?

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
17 years 10 months ago #28820 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Sunset Disk
Folks - I'm not stirring the pot here but can we keep this discussion civil?

Martin - I hope you didn't mean your last post to sound the way it did... Seanie has every right to post (within the guidelines) as do you. Please avoid direct personal attacks.

Its a shame that you seem to be using the same tactics of bullying that you have frequently accused others of. I hope that your post was not meant in that way but I can't read it otherwise...

Perhaps the mod(s) should step in here?

Dave

More
17 years 10 months ago #28823 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Sunset Disk
Right .... enough of the hostility!

Seanie is a moderator here and he can and will moderate what needs to be moderated regardless of who posted it. If he does something you don't think was fair Martin then you can appeal the decision.

If people cannot be civil then there will have to be action taken. I have no objection to banning people's account for a week if they start hurling personal abuse at each other. Consider that a warning to ALL users.

This board is a place for civil conversation, anyone who isn't prepared to abide by that has no place here.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
17 years 10 months ago #28825 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Sunset Disk
Hi

Yes i am appealing against Seanie's tone...he can put his point across no problem but he is lacking manners...a pretty basic attribute one needs when dealing with people. If he continues to talk to me in that tone of his then he will get the same in return...simple as that.

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
17 years 10 months ago #28828 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Sunset Disk

Hi

Yes i am appealing against Seanie's tone...he can put his point across no problem but he is lacking manners...a pretty basic attribute one needs when dealing with people. If he continues to talk to me in that tone of his then he will get the same in return...simple as that.

I have not seen seanie be hostile, I have seen you be hostile. Sit back and re-read all the threads here. Because this is a text-only medium it is very easy to miss-interpret the tone. Perhaps you are un-fairly assigning a tone that is just not there because of some off the boards stuff between yourself and seanie that I neither know about nor care about.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds