K-Tec

Sunset Disk

More
17 years 10 months ago #28866 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Sunset Disk
Right, I've decided to do my own digging:

You complain that seanie posts smart comments, so he does, but you have not right to complain as you do it yourself: www.irishastronomy.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4271

Is that not an example of you doing exactly what you claim is so terrible? If you really do find it so terrible and you insist that seanie be punished then you should be too, fair is fair afterall!

I've also re-read just about the entire Atmospheric optics board and I have come to the conclusion that all I can see is banter and it is coming equally from both sides.

The only difference I not is that Seanie did not directly insult Connor or Martin where are both Martin and Connor have directly insulted Seanie.

There are two issues here:

1) People getting annoyed about spam - this should be solved with the Atmospherics board and with peopel cooperating with the request to re-use existing topics when approriate instead of spawning new ones which bulk up people's mailboxes and clutter up the recentposts page (and hence annoy people)

2) Some personal issues between three members of this board that belongs OFF the boards. Seanie, the guys say that you ahve been posting smart comments on their threads and you have, simple as that. It's not a crime and since they are being replied to it is an even banter that is going I don't see any side as being different to the other (and the smart comments go the other way too as shown above). Hence, I think it only appropriate to ask all three of you to lay off each other.

I have no idea what issues there are between the three of you offline and I don't give a fiddlers, just keep it off the boards please!

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 10 months ago #28867 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Sunset Disk
Locked.

I don't like locking posts much, so don't generally do it. But there is a fair bit of attacking the poster not the post going on and the thread isnt getting any more productive.

Admins have recieved quite a bit of comment from people over some topics over the past while. So let me suggest some things for posters to consider.

Attack the post not the poster (yep that rule again).

Consider if what you are posting is really worth posting. Is it appropriate for the forum? Is it worth posting? Is it something that readers have seen posted several times recently? Could they be getting bored of it? Perhaps if you are an experiecend observer you could just post the best examples of the pheonmena you have observed? Consider quality over quantity. Afterall people are more likley to read your posts if you have built up a reputation for taking great images rather than posting, well, not so great images!

I'll be in touch with some of you privately over the next while.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds