K-Tec

Feedback wanted - Preliminary look at Version 3 of website

More
18 years 3 months ago #21997 by albertw
Looks good in Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; SunOS i86pc; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051118 Firefox/1.5

Not sure green on green text is the way to go.
On high resolution there is a lot of black at the edges.
Anyone else notice that Orion looks like a guitarrist? Just me then... ok.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 months ago #22002 by SeanOSullivan
Very nice! I like the star map effect of orion on the side boards. Green wouldn't be my first choice but it is an Irish site afterall so maybe it fits. I was thinking maybe some pictures ( I have them on the brain at the moment) here and there, like what people have under their names! Just an idea! I tried it with both firfox 1.0.6 and IE 5.5, it looks better on firefox :shock:
Well done and keep up the great work.

More
18 years 3 months ago #22004 by michaeloconnell
Bart,

Good to hear work has started on the new layout!

Here's some constructive feedback:
I'd echo the comments re the green. To be fair, I see where you're coming from, but it's just seems too much.

In terms of pages to design, I suppose the two core pages to look at are:
main entrance page to the site and the forum pages.
In terms of the main entrance page to the site, perhaps something a bit more glossy with a little Flash or something along those lines. Either go for a minimilast look or else the full monty with flash etc, but not something in between.
Personally, I'd like the main page to have IFAS in the centre with the various parts to the site as links which are added in a circle around it - something along those lines but done with nice shadings and transitions of colour.
As for the forum pages, the ones we have a quite nice and easy on the eye. Perhaps replace then phpbb logo with the IFAS logo, but other than that, I like the format.

More
18 years 3 months ago #22005 by michaeloconnell
Here's a link to a layout I like:
www.slooh.com/

Perhaps a different arrangement, but IMHO the page shouldn't have any sentences written on it, just links to the remainder of the site.

More
18 years 3 months ago #22013 by Seanie_Morris

perhaps something a bit more glossy with a little Flash or something along those lines.

Just messing about with ideas....

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 3 months ago #22017 by voyager
Cheers for the great feedback guys.

The green is indeed to try give us the Irish Brand but since the Stars in Orion in the banner are green perhaps that is enough green! I'll try to de-green it and see how it goes!

The other major thing that seems to pop up agian and again in discussions is the font. I'm not particularly attached to the "star trek one" (even if it isn't actaully a real star trek one it does have that spacy look) but so far I have yet to find something better. I'll happily put some time into experimenting a bit more with fonts but I'd really appreciate some help and suggestions on this one.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds