K-Tec

Feedback wanted - Preliminary look at Version 3 of website

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 3 months ago #22069 by voyager
Alright folks, here's the next version for your comment, notice how little green there is and how little of the Star Trek font there is to be seen!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 months ago #22072 by ftodonoghue
Nice Work Bart...Its looking super crisp, clean and professional, I have one or two comments though if you do not mind

I think we need to get a new logo / brand identity for IFAS and www.irishastronomy.org following the points that Dpower laid out...surely there must be a graphic designer out there who is willing to take up the challenge. I thik the logos at the moment are a little lost and not strong enough.

I know that we already have a thread on redesigning logos but I feel that we should take advantage of the change in website design to go for it.
it is hard to organise with so many people giving their opinions etc., but should we set up a small temporary group to define what we need on the logo front, put a brief in place and see if we can get somebody to donate their services for free.

just my 2 cents

Cheers
Trevor

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 3 months ago #22073 by voyager

Nice Work Bart...Its looking super crisp, clean and professional, I have one or two comments though if you do not mind

I think we need to get a new logo / brand identity for IFAS and www.irishastronomy.org following the points that Dpower laid out...surely there must be a graphic designer out there who is willing to take up the challenge. I thik the logos at the moment are a little lost and not strong enough.

I know that we already have a thread on redesigning logos but I feel that we should take advantage of the change in website design to go for it.
it is hard to organise with so many people giving their opinions etc., but should we set up a small temporary group to define what we need on the logo front, put a brief in place and see if we can get somebody to donate their services for free.

just my 2 cents

I'd have to say I agree with this. I'm a programmer not an artist and as such the Orion thing is the best I've been able to come up with. It's kinda cute and does technically fit DaveP's criteria but I think we can do better.

More
18 years 3 months ago #22074 by mjs
Small point, the orion on the right is mirrored left to right. I corrected it but cannot upload the PNG file format to you. So there is a (larger) jpg format at (removed see below)

Michael

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 3 months ago #22075 by voyager

Small point, the orion on the right is mirrored left to right. I corrected it but cannot upload the PNG file format to you. So there is a (larger) jpg format at www.irishastronomy.org/user_resources/fi...ontentBackground.jpg

Michael

It is intentionally mirrored so that that page is more symetric!

More
18 years 3 months ago #22077 by albertw

It is intentionally mirrored so that that page is more symetric!

And looks like its dancing :-)

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds