K-Tec

Feedback wanted - Preliminary look at Version 3 of website

More
18 years 3 months ago #22080 by Seanie_Morris
The layout and colour does look better there Bart. However, for me, I don't like the Avquest font used.

What about to actually DO the Welcome page, and incorporating the new designs as you go along? With more content on the page, a 'feel' would be easier to come across.As its a little empty, and we are not seeing enough sections/headings/text & pictures, better layout, colour determination, and styles may come to mind, then a majority agreed upon perhaps?

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 months ago #22082 by mjs

It is intentionally mirrored so that that page is more symetric!

That's ok so. It will be under the text anyway.

I have deleted the file I uploaded.

Michael

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 3 months ago #22083 by voyager

The layout and colour does look better there Bart. However, for me, I don't like the Avquest font used.

What about to actually DO the Welcome page, and incorporating the new designs as you go along? With more content on the page, a 'feel' would be easier to come across.As its a little empty, and we are not seeing enough sections/headings/text & pictures, better layout, colour determination, and styles may come to mind, then a majority agreed upon perhaps?

Seanie.

OK, to do that we have to be at a stage when the HTML is fixed but the CSS is still flexible. This is no problem to do IF people are happy with the layout.

So, the question becomes, ignoring fonts and colours, is the layout OK?

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 3 months ago #22084 by Seanie_Morris
I am happy with it. BUT, what about making the side columns, especially the site navigation one, slightly thinner? I like the off-page border on the left and right, but obviously that coupled with the inner left & right columns are going to diminish the main frame width.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 3 months ago #22085 by voyager

I am happy with it. BUT, what about making the side columns, especially the site navigation one, slightly thinner? I like the off-page border on the left and right, but obviously that coupled with the inner left & right columns are going to diminish the main frame width.

I was thinking that but then things start getting very cramped and small in those columns. Remember, pages with real content will only have one column not two, only the "portal type" pages that give an over-view of a section of the website will use the three column layout because it is better suited to that . This means that the pages with the real content will have more room on them by 200 pixels.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 3 months ago #22092 by dave_lillis
Thats much nicer Bart :)

I dont mean to be a pain but why is "irishastronomy.org" on the top of the page, maybe that should be "The home of Irish astronomy on the web".
Do you think it sould be there?? The yellow colour is bang on.
The jury however is out on the purple.

We really need a new logo. The orion logo has zippo to do with irish astronomy.
Did people not like the crab nebula fading in and out of an outline of Ireland, with IFAS in the middle. If we were to go down that route, then have a 4 point star in the map for every location of a club in the country.
I really like the IFAS font on the upper left had side.

Some might say that the font for " www.irishastronomy.org " could have astrological (such a dangerous word to use here :wink: ) connotations about it .
Anyway, I think we're heading in the right direction.
Good stuff Bart. :)

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds