K-Tec

'Are UFOs Real?'

More
18 years 6 months ago #16868 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: 'Are UFOs Real?'

This triangular "object" keeps popping up every so often in UFO/UAP reports.

Isn't Aurora meant to be triangular? Aurora is the hypersonic jet the US have allegedly been building for nearly 20 years now, the name was let slip in a pentagon budget request in th 80's if I remember reading the story correctly. The only evidence I've seen produced for the craft so far is in weather satellites showing very strange contrails. It was listed after the SR71, and the USAF doesnt even bother hiding them from passing satellites anymore (google earth of Edwards AFB 34.95N 117.88W)[1].

The sucessor to the F-111 was also rumoured to be triangular. If that is in operation it would explain a lot of the triangle UFO reports at low altitudes and relativly low speeds across Europe, if these are doing the bombing raids on Iraq. Given auroras capabilities one would expect it to be able to take off from Nevada, hit Iraq, and be back for breakfast.

It is the case in the US, but I'm not sure here that the military must inform local ATC of any activity near cities and at certain altitudes. Thats one thing that I find curious about pilot stories. NASA has scared more than a couple of pilots by having its SR71 in commercial airspace! There should be nothing there, and trained professional pilots are unlikley to me making thigs up, as it would likley question their mental atability and ability to fly a plane.

Cheers,
~Al

[1] Only two SR71's are known to be in service today. One is NASA's and both are aparently based in Edwards. It seems likley that these are the two that you can see in google earth.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #16869 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Re: 'Are UFOs Real?'
Hi,
I would be almost 100% sure that these reports are not related to SR71 activity. I have actually sat in the cockpit of the "Blackbird" and I am very familiar with it's background. Most if not all commercial pilots would not mistake the unique shape of the SR71 with the triangular shape of Aurora or other triangular shaped UFO's.

Aurora may very well be the explanation for some of the triangular sightings but its technology doesn't provide us with a complete solution to all reports of this particular aerial phenomenon.

Johnno

Kildare Astronomy Society
www.kildareastronomy.com

More
18 years 6 months ago #16870 by eansbro
Replied by eansbro on topic Re: 'Are UFOs Real?'
Stephen,

Your right the Aurora programmes FT has been flying and witnessed since the mid 1990s. The size is a bit bigger with the predecessor Lockheed F-117 stealth aircraft.

Its interesting how it is evolving with huge FTs, hectare size, with apparently new propulsion systems and these peculiar light balls that emanate from it.

What surprises me is why these larger versions of ultra secret aircraft fly around where their is large populations of people to see. For example, when you have NATO HQ in Belgium been alerted to the FTs back in 1990 (SOBEBS report 1991). The Ministry of Defence, Guy Coeme, and the US Ambassador denied any military aircraft were responsible. There were no AWACS aircraft, nor Lockheed F-117a, nor remotely piloted vehicles aloft ref: (SOBEBS 1991). A colonel from the Belgian Air Force that the FT flew at five to ten kilometres per hour and also could hang in the sky without noise. All these sightings occured over the period of a few days from the end of November to early December 1990

In La Derniere heure, General Terrason of the Belgian Air Force stated that the sightings could not be due to either the F-117a, nor the B2 bomber, nor AWACS or ULMs, none of these explanations is tenable, because the object had been reported as hovering motionless on occasions. Reliable witnesses had reported starnge sightings.

The other explanation is that it is a new secret aircraft not disclosed as yet.
the F-117a took 20 years before it was disclosed. So may be we are expecting the announcement from some government of this new aircraft.
I am looking forward to seeing the big hectare size FT, seeing that it has come into Irish airspace recently.

Eamonn A

Eamonn A

More
18 years 6 months ago #16871 by dpower
Replied by dpower on topic Re: 'Are UFOs Real?'
SR71 doesnt really fit the bill, or any stealth aircraft for that matter. They have lousy handling. The SR71 has a turning radius of about 90 miles...
having said that the balls of light or plasma could be mistaken easily enough. Check this pic.

www.zero5designs.com/sr71/photos/ec93-03092-5.jpg

IFAS web team

More
18 years 6 months ago #16877 by eansbro
I agree Dave P with you that it doesn't fit the criteria. If you take the FT flight performance, its a fundamentally a different craft.

Extracting data from UFO databases on FTs you can put together a sequence of the craft’s maneuvers.

Firstly, a flashing sheet lighting-like light appears to originate from the fore apex of the craft. Next sound similar to the engine of a jet aircraft is heard lasting near a minute, then the craft becomes silent even while executing extreme manoeuvres. Typically three large ventral white domes are easily visible, the craft then typically manoeuvres very slowly (typically at speeds near 40kph with the fore apex pointing towards ground, hovers, leaves an area a few kilometres square wide slowly and doubles back. Finally the craft often reportedly embody them self in an orangish glow, after which the external craft lighting is no longer visible and then another sheet lighting-like flash is observed near the fore region, after which the craft appears several kilometres away from its original location.

Reports from technical aircraft sources FTs are known to posses non standard aviation technology. Authors Pope and Gregory, “America’s New Secret Aircraft” ref:: Popular Mechanics, Dec 1991, page 109; quote “the aircraft reported executed bizarre maneuvers in which it stopped, rotated in place and hovered vertically, pointing its thin trailing edge towards the ground. This vehicle’s unlikely gyrations suggest that it is distinct from other sightings…”

These descriptions and dimensions (see other post) do not correspond to any aircraft known by the general public as many skeptics attempt to argue. The FTs are much larger than the widely known F-117 stealth fighter (wingspan 13m) and B-2 bomber (wingspan 52.5m), the central lighting source is in fact roughly the size of an F-16 fighter plane (wingspan 10m), clearly these lighting sources are not part of any landing gear. If the FTs are property of the US Air Force as often suggested then why is it that this craft has never been photographed for a press release, and why has it been operational far longer than the F-117 and yet never declassified.

Eamonn A

More
18 years 6 months ago #18086 by eansbro
Are UFOs real? has been the question that alot of us have been curious about. There is the opportunity of meeting perhaps the leading world authority on anomalous light phenomena/UFOs at Science Week.

Dr. Massimo Teodorani will for the first time be speaking in Ireland within the theme of “Science – On a collision with the Real World” on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 at 1930 hours in the Hume Building, NUI Maynooth.
Should be a fascinating and thought provoking session.

This is a chance to ask him pertinent questions like the long extended debate we have been having on this topic for the last few months 'Are UFOs real'?

Dr Massimo Teodorani is a SETI astronomer who has been involved for some years with ITALIA SETI at the Institute for Radio Astronomy, Bologna, Italy. Teodorani has been pioneering the Search for Extraterrestrial Visitations (SETV) and has coordinated a number of missions around the world to seek evidence of possible ETI visitations. In particular he has been the main coordinator for Project Hessdalen which has concluded recently with some fascinating results. He is probably the world’s authority of the light phenomena/UFOs and has a number of publications from the physics of UFOs to detecting ET robotic probes.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds