K-Tec

'Are UFOs Real?'

More
18 years 5 months ago #18886 by eansbro
Replied by eansbro on topic Re: 'Are UFOs Real?'
Some interesting material to ponder on. Will Canada be the first to disclose the ET presence? It all depends if they accept parliamentary hearings in 2006.

www.prweb.com/releases/2005/11/prweb314382.htm

Former Canadian Minister Of Defence Asks Canadian Parliament Asked To Hold Hearings On Relations With Alien "Et" Civilizations

A former Canadian Minister of Defence has joined forces with three Non-governmental organizations to ask the Parliament of Canada to hold public hearings on with Alien “ET” Civilizations. Paul Hellyer, Canada’s Defence Minister from 1963-67 under Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Prime Minister Lester Pearson, publicly stated: "UFOs, are as real as the airplanes that fly over your head." Hellyer warned, "The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning. Mr. Hellyer went on to say, "I'm so concerned about what the consequences might be of starting an intergalactic war, that I just think I had to say something." “Time is on the side of open disclosure that there are ethical Extraterrestrial civilizations visiting Earth,” a spokesperson for the Non-Governmental Organizations stated. “Our Canadian government needs to openly address these important issues of the possible deployment of weapons in outer war plans against ethical Extraterrestrial societies.”

Eamonn A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #18892 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: 'Are UFOs Real?'

The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning

that would be something alright, I'll bet the shuttle would not be long getting sorted or maybe the new CEV is more tailored to intergalactic war

Cheers
Trevor

• stepryan
  • Away
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
18 years 5 months ago #18894 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: 'Are UFOs Real?'

The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning

that would be something alright, I'll bet the shuttle would not be long getting sorted or maybe the new CEV is more tailored to intergalactic war

but we have the apple notebook we can always hack their spaceships and upload a virus if it comes to it ;), ala independance day.
stephen.

More
18 years 5 months ago #18897 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: 'Are UFOs Real?'
Stephen - I was going to reply and say something amusing about proprietary software, but I'd better not :wink:

:lol:

More
18 years 5 months ago #18968 by eansbro
Replied by eansbro on topic Re: 'Are UFOs Real?'
technology.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,16559,1650296,00.html

Scientists, be on guard ... ET might be a malicious hacker

Eamonn A

More
18 years 5 months ago #18976 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: 'Are UFOs Real?'

Scientists, be on guard ... ET might be a malicious hacker

I'm having tried to take the argument seriously, and SETI (Seth Shostak) have give farm more dignified responses that I think it merits.

The SETI algorithm is basically a mathematical equation. No matter what numbers you use in an equation it does not change the equation (unlesss you specifically write the equation to). SETI is just an equation, so no matter what input signal is given the worst that can happen is that you get junk back.

One reason to suspect that this is true is that while there have been security concernes regarding the SETI software in the past, there has never been an attack against users computers by attempting to give fake data. This would not be too difficult an attack to mount in some environments, by tricking users clients to contact a fake machine for data, then give it fake data. If there was a danger I would have expected it to surface during the rollout of the new version of seti BOINC, this is open sourced so hackers (and aliens) would have had the oppertunity to look for such a weakness.

Also if aliens were able to read our communications about seti they must be within at most 10 light years. If they are that close, they are here. If they have been keeping up with computer security for the same time I'd really expect them to come up with an outlook email virus, or implant some code on a webpage for a Internet Explorer exploit...

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds