K-Tec

NLC's!

More
17 years 10 months ago #29132 by Conor
Replied by Conor on topic Re: NLC's!

albertw wrote:

theres really nothing in the pictures to show it.
!

Well if your saying you cant see NLC's in those imges then you wouldnt know them if they fell out of the sky and hit yea on the head :lol:

Moderator of Photography Forum:

www.freeimagebrowser.com/gallery/index.php

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 10 months ago #29133 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: NLC's!
Nothing in the pics to show it? :D

My sister who knows very little about astronomy was able to spot them in the images immediatley and i have had them checked by NLC experts who can see them no problem. This is a very obvious display and unmistakable. A more experienced NLC observer would not question these images at all.

The constant negativity and host of other reasons have forced me to leave the IFAS forum. This place has gone to the dogs thanks to a small group of indivduals who are spoiling it for the rest of us and also spoiling new members from joining in the first place. I will now be focusing my attention on other more professional forums where this kind of disgraceful attitude never rears its ugly head.

I am wasting no more of my time here!

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
17 years 10 months ago #29134 by Conor
Replied by Conor on topic Re: NLC's!
I also will be having nothing more to do with this forum. After being told by many people, who had already beaten me to it, to leave, i am leaving. Like said by Martin this forum has gone to the dogs and is doing nothing for irish Astronomy! There is people here who do there best and encourage others 100% of the way. Then there is the other side ( which is growing by the minute ) who bite, snap, bitch and sit there thinking they own everyone and can place comments out of order, but never worry Moderators are allowed to do what they please! .There is a small number of people which shouldnt be on this forum never mind mentioning there status. It is quite sad to say it but once again, Another one bites the dust for this fourm!

Moderator of Photography Forum:

www.freeimagebrowser.com/gallery/index.php

More
17 years 10 months ago #29136 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: NLC's!

theres really nothing in the pictures to show it.
!

Well if your saying you cant see NLC's in those imges then you wouldnt know them if they fell out of the sky and hit yea on the head :lol:

I think you meant to direct that comment at me rather than quoting Bart, quotes are a bit messed up:-) Sorry, but I don't think the images you posted really bring out the NLC's; I'm sure they were there and I'm sure that having seen them firsthand you can pick them out in the image. But as someone just looking at the photos I can't really be sure that I'm seeing NLC's.

I'll look forward to seeing spectacular pictures of NLC's from you over the Summer. Perhaps even on ones that I might recognise if they fell out of the sky and hit me on the head! ;-) With the recent activity you are reporting it seems all you need is a good clear night to get a creat picture.

BTW, have you ever considered setting up a blog for yourself to post your daily observing on?

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
17 years 10 months ago #29143 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: NLC's!
Just been to the above mentioned UK NLC homepage out of curiosity. A very nice archive and an interesting compilation of observing reports.

www.nlcnet.co.uk/

Follow the link for images under the Observer's pages to see some really stunning shots of NLCs. Lots of shape and texture to them - very pretty images. You'll also find a nice graph showing the various NLC forms. Definitely a site worth visiting and probably bookmarking.

Cheers for bringing it to our attention Martin.

Martin?

Mar - tin?

conor?

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

More
17 years 10 months ago #29160 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: NLC's!
I think its a bit sad when some of the most prolific and active observers in the country feel they have to leave the ifas boards over something as silly as pics of clouds, noctilucent or otherwise.

I cannot understand how the situation deteriorated to this level. it seems like only a few short months ago that this very site voted Martin Amateur Astronomer of the Year....

Cheers
Trevor

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds