K-Tec

IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted

More
18 years 5 months ago #18538 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted
Hi guys

Just on the Logo front, In order for any new logo to be successful it needs to meet the following points.

1.) It definitely has to be static.
2.) Once it is completed, it should be only used the form/font/colour it is issued in
3.) It needs to be adaptable and useable in colour, b/w, in large and small formats.
4.) IFAS should also use this opportunity to develop "corporate colours" style and fonts

I would also love to help but am not a graphic designer, but suggest logo should be kept simple and crisp

Cheers
Trevor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 5 months ago #18541 by voyager

Hands off Kylie!

Suggestion: the logo design should probably be static - if we ever need to print it on official headed paper, animated graphics aren't going to work. Keep it simple and keep the process quick.
Dave

I agree but I think the original spec implied that. afaik png isn't 'animationable' - that's reserved for .gif.

OK, to clarify, I would prefer a non-animated logo because animation works very poorly on posters! HAving said that is some one comes up with a particularly imnpressive subtke animation I think it should be given consideration.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 5 months ago #18553 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted
My idea:

keep any one particular stellar object (e.g. Crab Nebula) OFF the logo. Instead, use an Irish symbol (Shamrock, Harp, Leperchaun...) encircled by a space-themed object, like a comet, or a star, or a telescope etc etc. with 'IFAS' across the bottom, or top etc. Many different designs could become of this...

As further thought, KAS did reworking like this with their logo. The Oak Leaf (symbol of Kildare) surrounded by (what I thought was going to be) a comet-like whirl.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 5 months ago #18557 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted
You'd really want a Leperchaun in there ??? you're taking the piss right :lol: :wink:
The shamrock/harp is a better idea.
I still think the outline of the country could be in there somewhere, something that identified ireland directly.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 5 months ago #18559 by voyager

You'd really want a Leperchaun in there ??? you're taking the piss right :lol: :wink:
The shamrock/harp is a better idea.
I still think the outline of the country could be in there somewhere, something that identified ireland directly.

I'd like the logo to clearly identify Ireland but I'm not sure we want to get too tacky. I think Leprecauns are perhaps taking things a little too far!

Also, the shamrock thing has been done by Astronomy Ireland. There might be something in the Harp idea.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 5 months ago #18560 by ctr
I think we should keep the island of Ireland as the main feature.

The Harp IMHO is the symbol of the Government of ROI and may not be acceptable to some up north.

We are all on this little island and that symbol has worked so far.

I maybe reading too much into this but thats MHO

I don't like Shamrocks or God forbid Leprechauns as they would be very "Irish" (Use strong American Accent"

"Ducks awaiting incoming :lol: )

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds