K-Tec

IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 5 months ago #18478 by voyager

I think he means the one before that that I think David Bell made?

Probably, that one never really worked well on the web and I doubt it would be much good on print but I have an open mind so hit me with your images and we'll see where we go!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #18495 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted
oops, you're right guys.
I was thinking of the one on the SAC site.

Would it be possible to have a crab nebula image fade into a detailed image of Ireland, or again the crab with the ireland outline with the word IFAS in there somewhere, with a star for every location with a club, or is this old school??

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
18 years 5 months ago #18502 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted
Personally, I think a more radical logo is required. It's got to be a bit more "in your face" and grab the eye. The initial ones were good and got the ball rolling. I'm not a graphics person sop wouldn't have the skills to do anything too fancy (let alone the imagination!). :)

More
18 years 5 months ago #18508 by jhonan
PNG format flattens the image, and does not support layers/fonts/paths etc.

If it is intended to make changes to the logo at a future date, the 'source' (proprietary) file format will be required.

For example, if the transparency background colour needs to change for a gif output, or if anyone wants to change fonts or layout of any of the components of the logo. These tasks are much easier to do using the file format in the application which was used to create the logo.

If someone on this thread produces a PNG output, nobody can take that idea and make tweaks to it.

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

More
18 years 5 months ago #18511 by Macros42
I could ask on the Photoshoppage forum on boards.ie. There are some very good graphical designers there and someone might do up a nice one.

Should I go ahead and do this?

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

More
18 years 5 months ago #18514 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted
Sounds like a reasonable idea.
We could also create a competition perhaps???

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds