K-Tec

IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted

More
18 years 5 months ago #18570 by ctr
How about something based on the Winter Solstice and the shaft of light entering the passage of the tomb. Reading Anthony's text he informs us that it was here that the competent study of astronomy began.

What better reason do we need :D

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 5 months ago #18571 by voyager

How about something based on the Winter Solstice and the shaft of light entering the passage of the tomb. Reading Anthony's text he informs us that it was here that the competent study of astronomy began.

What better reason do we need :D

It's a nice idea but I just can't picture it. Any chance of a rough mockup so we get the idea?

BB

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 5 months ago #18573 by ctr
I can't draw a stick man never mind anything remotely graphic.

But how about " Over 5000 Years of Astronomy in Ireland " as a hook type phrase :?:

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 5 months ago #18574 by voyager

I can't draw a stick man never mind anything remotely graphic.

But how about " Over 5000 Years of Astronomy in Ireland " as a hook type phrase :?:

Hmmm .... I'm rather fond of our current tag line "the Home of Irish Astronomy on the Web"

What do others think?

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 5 months ago #18576 by ctr
Ireland, For 5000 years the home of Astronomy, now on the web

:wink:

More
18 years 5 months ago #18581 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted
I'd remove the irishastronomy.org from the top of the page, its not needed there, if you're on the site, you know the address, maybe replace it with

"the Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies" and have the new logo next to it.

Infact the site address is mentioned 3 times on the front page, the second time is a link to itself, I dont see the point in that, it seems like clutter to me that you could easily take out.

Also move the "logged in" indication from the top right of the page to somewhere more tidy, the title and logo should have total prominence at the top of the page.

If you look closely at the front page, it doesnt stand out what the IFAS letters stand for, until you delve into the text.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds