K-Tec

IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted

More
18 years 5 months ago #18583 by Macros42

The Harp IMHO is the symbol of the Government of ROI and may not be acceptable to some up north.

It's actually illegal to use the harp as a logo as well. It's trademarked by the Govt. Guinness is the only company in the world that uses the harp - and that only because they used it first.

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #18587 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted

The Harp IMHO is the symbol of the Government of ROI and may not be acceptable to some up north.

It's actually illegal to use the harp as a logo as well. It's trademarked by the Govt. Guinness is the only company in the world that uses the harp - and that only because they used it first.

Not so sure about that..Ryanair uses a harp as I am sure do a lot of other companies.

Cheers
Trevor

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 5 months ago #18588 by voyager

Not so sure about that..Ryanair uses a harp as I am sure do a lot of other companies.

The Government have a very particualr harp and that harp is deffinitely out of bounds! However you do see other harps in logos. Look at FiannaFail's logo and as was already said, Ryanair.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 5 months ago #18589 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted
Hi Guys

If we are thinking of using traditional irish symbols such as a harp in the logo...why not use LYRA or the stars of Lyra, they form a distinctive shape

Cheers
Trevor

More
18 years 5 months ago #18590 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted
Would anyone object to the use of the harp ??
Its best to get this now, rather then after alot of time is put into incorporating it..

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
18 years 5 months ago #18592 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted

Hi Guys

If we are thinking of using traditional iriah symbols such as a harp in the logo...why not use LYRA or the stars of Lyra, they form a distinctive shape

Great idea, better yet can anyone find a constellation where they could draw a propper harp from the star pattern??
Get out those starmaps :lol:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds