K-Tec

IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 3 months ago #21131 by voyager

Actually arnt Guinness only allowed to use it because its turned around the other way from the government one?

Or did I pick that myth up from a guinness add? :-)

The other way around, so to speak. The Guinness harp is older than the seal of state, and so the Irish harp is the other way around from the original one as used by Arthur.

FWIW can we lose the Star Trek font? Run away, run away from it.

Can you suggest a better one ... seriously

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 months ago #21164 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted
There are many variations of that font Shane (He's Dead Jim, Bajoran, Voyager, among others). Is it that you don't like the TV connection at all, or that particular font?

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 3 months ago #21167 by donkearns
Replied by donkearns on topic Re: IFAS Logo needs face lift, volunteers wanted
Whatever about the logo, could we immediately change the sites Welcome message, where it says "This site is curently under construction and is due for completion by the end of September 2003."
This looks a little bit dated now and implies that the site is not quite up-to-date. Worse, one could even get the impression that the site was not "live", although it is clearly very much so judging from the very active Bulletin Board.

I really must think of something interesting to use as a tag line!

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 3 months ago #21168 by voyager

There are many variations of that font Shane (He's Dead Jim, Bajoran, Voyager, among others). Is it that you don't like the TV connection at all, or that particular font?

Actaully, the font used is not one of the star trek ones, it is called Ethnocentric.

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 3 months ago #21169 by voyager

Whatever about the logo, could we immediately change the sites Welcome message, where it says "This site is curently under construction and is due for completion by the end of September 2003."
This looks a little bit dated now and implies that the site is not quite up-to-date. Worse, one could even get the impression that the site was not "live", although it is clearly very much so judging from the very active Bulletin Board.

Good point, sorted.

More
18 years 2 months ago #23387 by markdj
I reckon the logo bart did looks good, the hunter does look a bit short but that's a the nature of a long logo.

The test of a good logo is what it will look like in only 2 colours, ie. black and white as this tests the contrast and readability of the colour one.

The green stars is a good connection with Irishness but maybe too subtle a connection for most.

I think you are very close Bart and maybe that is the one to be. Will it grow on the doubters?

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds