K-Tec

ALDI have a telescope on Special on Sunday

More
18 years 6 months ago #17963 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: ALDI have a telescope on Special on Sunday
If I know Darragh (and I think I do, Mr. Sherwin!:P ), then for what you want to do regarding astrophotography and the Canon you use (350D), this and any scope of its kind would be quite useless. For one, your camera will weigh as much as the whole tube assembly of the scope, so balancing would be a big problem. Picture quality? Forget it, you won't get the detail through this scope that you are looking for.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #17977 by lionsden
Replied by lionsden on topic Re: ALDI have a telescope on Special on Sunday
Have done a little research on this "scope". In is in fact not a scope but a toy.
Ah well, just have to wait and see id Lidl do their annual Skylux offer. If they stick to their usual timings, it should be due in the next couple of weeks.

15x70 Celestron Skymasters
10x50 Meades
Two eyes
One Nose
One mouth
Two arms
Two Legs
Two feet (size 9)
10 fingers
10 Toes.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Leo @ Lionsden
Perhap because light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

More
18 years 6 months ago #17978 by Macros42
Replied by Macros42 on topic Re: ALDI have a telescope on Special on Sunday

Wow, someone really loves themselves... :wink:

looks like it :lol:

12" LX200.
6" Intes Mak
4" Celestron Refractor
ETX70
60mm refractor
10x50 binos
7x50 binos
carpets
wooden floor
kitchen sink.

So we're starting the mine's bigger than yours thread are we? :lol:

200mm Skywatcher Reflector
EQ5
70mm Skylux Refractor from Lidl
EQ3
10*50 Meade binos from Lidl
Toucam Pro 2
Tiled Kitchen
2 year old twins
Large overdraft
Receding hairline

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

More
18 years 6 months ago #17980 by nosmo
Loved this post subject - great spat. Something interesting for all lurking occasional contributors like me.
My 2 €c worth-

I see from the photo that this scope got "astrolux" transfer on the tube. I can comment from personal experience - paid £50 for this from Argus about three years ago. It got plastic 1" lens, shaky mount , poor optics etc - typical department store telescope that we all get warned about. I bought it because there was hype then about mars proximity. There are better scopes for the money if you spend time to trawl the websites and get special offers eg the Bresser Visiomar. I posted a list of these sites some time ago.
On the other hand, I saw enough with this scope to make me realise that i needed something better - I am an occasional dabbler when the free time co-incides with clear skies. I learned about scopes, not much but enough to differientate and recognise value for money. I sold the astrolux on ebay for £15 and bought the lidlscope for £50, plus the celestron lens kit from adorama in US. And i put a clock drive ( battery) on it from telescope service for €75. And i did some of the mods recommended - the newer scopes have already been corrected by the manufacturers.
For most readers here my achievements are rudimentary and mundane - but i have seen jupiter and its moons, mars, the phases of venus and saturns rings. I can recognise constellations, know where is the pleiades, orions belt and have seen M42.
And i got a set of meade 10x50 binos from lidl to help me. Plus the lidl €15 8-25 x 50 from last christmas. They support my cheap "tronic" 20 x 50 which help in my locating. I have also learned about pupil diameter etc. This was very useful when i analysed ( along with much helpful information from posts to this forum) which Moonfish wide angle 2" lens i like to get for christmas to use with my 200mm /8" skywatcher reflector which i bought for €289 from the astroshop.biz website. And i can collimate the reflector.
The point of this longer than intended post is to say that i bought a junk scope and was able to use the modern facilities available on the internet to analyse what was the reasons for any disappointments, learn and correct. I am in no description an astrolonomer - but i have learned and interested others and i am still interested. I have progressed. And i have not spent any massive sums - my kit is balanced against various christmas and birthday expectations over 3 - 4 years.
We should not compare the expectations of learned adults with the fertile imaginations of children. I would have been pleased to get the aldi scope as a present when i was 7.

Nosmo King

Whatever you say, say nothin'

More
18 years 6 months ago #17982 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: ALDI have a telescope on Special on Sunday

But I am still going to buy the Meade ETX-90PE as I want to do some astro-photography.
Regards

One of the guys in the club here has an ETX90, what objects in particular do you want to get using this scope??

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
18 years 6 months ago #17983 by nosmo
Re earlier posts re optional scopes eg Bresser ( meade) Visiomar - see following

web.schwab.de/aktion/artikel.php?id=499250

www.alardo.de/details/1000845-60099822.php

www2.otto.de/otto-30035.php

€49.99 - 59.99
Incidentally the lenses are H 20, H12.5 and SR 4 mm.

And the version "Arcturus" sollten man nicht vergessen-
Also available at otto.de for €50 ( www.mode-kaufcenter.de/Multimedia/fernglaeser_40946.php )

Check also www.baur.de for both.

Bresser are the manufacturers of the Lidl skylux - see

www.skyviewoptics.co.uk/categories.asp?pg=240&tl=

where the Visiomar price is €100. Some sites have this at £100

I bought this scope from a german site and sold it to a colleague at work when i saw the lidl skylux offer. My first scope.

For skylux/lidlscope for €100 try -

www.burkhards-shop.com/onlineshopeng/start.htm

Nosmo

Whatever you say, say nothin'

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds