K-Tec

ALDI have a telescope on Special on Sunday

More
18 years 6 months ago #18153 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: ALDI have a telescope on Special on Sunday
So, after all that, did anyone go to Aldi and buy one of these???

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #18155 by jhonan

So, after all that, did anyone go to Aldi and buy one of these???

I think I spotted Denton in the queue...

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

More
18 years 6 months ago #18162 by buzz55
Would it be any good as a first telescope even? I'm tempted to get one for my boyfriend, as he is interested in astrology (uses friends telescope from time to time) but he doesn't have any equipment of his own.

As a first time poster here (and not having gone through the site in detail as I haven't much clue about astrology), could anyone recommend where I could get a good start off telescope for as less money as possible?
thanks!

More
18 years 6 months ago #18163 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: ALDI have a telescope on Special on Sunday

Would it be any good as a first telescope even? I'm tempted to get one for my boyfriend, as he is interested in astrology (uses friends telescope from time to time) but he doesn't have any equipment of his own.

As a first time poster here (and not having gone through the site in detail as I haven't much clue about astrology), could anyone recommend where I could get a good start off telescope for as less money as possible?
thanks!

Oh DANGEROUS WORDS there Buzz! :D Is it astrology or ASTRONOMY your boyfriend is into? I think you are getting the words mixed up perhaps? You don't need a telescope for astrology, and you certainly NEVER make the conection between Astronomy and astrology!! :lol:

To answer your question briefly (if its astronomy!) - No, don't bother getting it. Otherwise, just take the time to have a read back through this thread from the beginning - some good reasons why not to buy it, without getting too technical!

Seanie.

P.S. Welcome to the Boards!

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 6 months ago #18166 by Macros42
Replied by Macros42 on topic Re: ALDI have a telescope on Special on Sunday
I second what Seanie said Buzz. Hang on a couple of weeks - I heard a rumour that Lidl may be doing the skylux before the end of the month. Could be wrong but it's a lot better than that thing from Aldi.

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

More
18 years 6 months ago #18167 by buzz55
OH God, just realised what I wrote, and its astronomy I meant, not freaky Fergus/Rusell Grant type astrology :oops:
Too early in the morning for me, please forgive my mistake... I'm gone bright red here!

Ok, will hold off on the Aldi one and keep an eye out for the lidl one.

thanks.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds