K-Tec

Feedback wanted - Preliminary look at Version 3 of website

More
18 years 3 months ago #22340 by albertw

Not really... We (Dave P?) could come up with a totally different design. Its not as if spirals per se are copyright...

The only place I've seen that used in recent years is on DM's shirts. It disappears off the magazine after it changed from the Journal of Astronomy Ireland many years back.

Thats said we shouldnt copy it, well its not a great logo anyway for general purposes, and using the three-spiral design anywhere would possibly give people the impression that we had something to do with Aeye.

So spirals are fine, just not a design that you could get mixed up with that.

I'll post something about the competition in the next day or so if none is going to give me any more useful rules for the competition!

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 months ago #22987 by darragh
Replied by darragh on topic Created
I have modified Bart's design and come up with
minds.may.ie/~darragh/IFAS/
It is not complete and will probably look crap in Internet Explorer, but I think it removes a lot of "noise" from the design and makes it more digestable

Comments and Opinions please

More
18 years 3 months ago #22989 by johnflannery
hi Darragh,

looks great . . . well done on all the work.

if possible, could a link be put in somewhere to download the latest issue of Arcturus. I think it is a must because the posts I normally put up when the latest issue is uploaded soon disappear because they get pushed down the stack of recent posts quite quickly. Arcturus should have a higher profile on the IFAS site and people should just have to click on a download button.

thanks in advance!

John (Flannery)

More
18 years 3 months ago #22996 by spculleton

hi Darragh,

looks great . . . well done on all the work.

if possible, could a link be put in somewhere to download the latest issue of Arcturus. I think it is a must because the posts I normally put up when the latest issue is uploaded soon disappear because they get pushed down the stack of recent posts quite quickly. Arcturus should have a higher profile on the IFAS site and people should just have to click on a download button.

thanks in advance!

John (Flannery)

There's an echo in here!

While we're at logos, how about one for Arcturus?

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

More
18 years 3 months ago #23013 by dpower
Hi folks- here's some suggestions..

Regarding rules:
I wouldn't be too fussy about the technical requirements. Submit a jpeg- beyond that everything goes. Peoples input shouldn't be limited by their technical knowledge, just their imagination! Sketches on paper are just fine. These can be adapted later to fit the technical criteria.
In fact I would encourage people to 'dumb it down'- no Photoshop effects- Layer styles and filters should be banned outright. Try not to use photographs. These effects look great on a PC screen but dont translate well to other media. Keep it simple and concentrate on a strong idea behind the concept. Go mad, have fun. Even ideas that seemed crazy initially often turn out to be the most creative solution. Get people to start submitting. Form a panel of judges and off we go!

Dave P

IFAS web team

More
18 years 3 months ago #23017 by darragh
I have done a few small tweaks to the page
see minds.may.ie/~darragh/IFAS/ for new version

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds